Hi Friends! If you're a regular follower of my blog (of which I am most grateful!) then you know I had my monthly "Wine & Craft" with my girlfriends this past weekend.
The pinterest craft we chose to create was a mug decorated with Sharpie markers. We had a ball making these and of course, everyone's mugs came out totally different and unique. The first mug I made was all free-hand, with some of my favourite quotes about creativity:
Need some good quotes about creativity? Here are some my favourites that I wrote on my mug:
- Being creative is not a hobby - it is a way of life.
- Creativity sets you free.
- Art washes away from the soul the dust of every day life. ~ Pablo Picasso
- Love your life.
- We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~ Bob Ross
- When you have inspired thought you have to act on it - you have to do it.
- Look for the dream that keeps coming back....it is your destiny.
- Art can change your life.
- Fill your thoughts with what you want to create, and you will have it. ~ Sanya Roman
- Just BE. (That's just one of my own fav. sayings)
- Take a fearless journey into the Heart of Creativity.
|So Very Grateful|
|Quite the Pair|
This is what I came up with:
Love, Love , Love!
I also made a wine glass with the same stamp set:
Want to see how easy it is to make these? Here's a video for you!
To finish your mug, set it aside to fully dry overnight. Place your mug in a cold oven, turn temperature to 350' degrees. After 30 minutes turn the heat off and let your mug cool completely whilst still in the oven. To care for your mug make sure to hand wash only and don't put it a dishwasher. Enjoy your work of art!
Would you like to have a chance to win this pretty cup?
All you have to do to be entered to win is: (1) make sure you're one of my current followers and add yourself if you're not and (2) leave a comment below this post with your suggestion of a Stampin' Up! stamp set you'd chose to use on mug. That's it! I'll use random.org to pick a winner. Contest ends March 3, 2014 and I'll announce the winner March 4th. :-)
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!