Let's get on with today's card! One of my favourite techniques with stamping is heat embossing and watercolouring. My card features the "Crazy About You" & "Painted Petals" stamp sets and uses both these techniques.
- Stamp the "Crazy About You" flowers and leaves onto 4" x 5 1/4" watercolour card stock with Versamark ink.
- Sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder on top, shake off excess, and heat set.
- Use a water bottle to spritz water liberally over the entire embossed layer.
- Squeeze one drop of ink refill from four colours onto a large clear block. Colours used are So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo & Crisp Cantaloupe.
- Use Aqua Painter to pick up a bit of ink, then touch the card stock and let the ink flow onto to the paper. Repeat this step until the amount of colour desired is achieved.
- With the remaining ink still on block, mist the block and then press it directly onto the card stock. Set aside to dry or use heat tool to speed up the process.
- Wipe the excess ink off of the embossed images.
- Wrap ribbon around card layer and adhere to Whisper White card base.
- Stamp sentiment from "Painted Petals" using Memento Black Ink onto Whisper White card stock that measures 2 3/4" x 2"
- Use "Essentials" Paper Piercing mat and tool around sentiment and adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch flower from Whisper White card stock using Itty Bitty Accents Punch. Add rhinestone. Float some colour onto flower using aqua painter and some of the same colours used on card (I just dipped my aqua painter into the lid of the ink refills to pick up a bit of colour). Use glue dot to add flower onto to sentiment.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Shop 24/7 for your favourite Stampin' Up! products at my online store
View the current catalogues online
Calendar of Events - come stamp with me!
Join my "Serene Stampers" group when you buy the starter kit!
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org