I also got my fingers inky with 5 new gorgeous colours today...yup, the 2016-2018 In Colours were in my pre-order too. Fabulous new shades this year - I think you're going to like them as much as I do! Check them out:
Ok - on with the card. Today's card features two new stamp sets "Picture Palette" and "Thoughtful Banners". Picture Palette is going to be a blast to play with - I already have lots of ideas on how I want to use this set. And Thoughtful Banners, with it's coordinating punch is an absolute MUST HAVE! Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about versatile - there are 53 images in this stamp set so that makes for a lot of different sentiments.
Here's the first card I made:
I created a little banner, wrapped with a bakers twine bow.
Here are the supplies and instructions for the above card and the video with the second card, which is very similar, follows the tutorial:
· Stamp Sets – Painters Palette141907 (111111); Thoughtful Banners (141614); Papillon Potpourri (132058)
· Card Stock – Whisper White Card Stock (100730); Basic Black Card Stock (121045)
· Stamp Pads – 2016-2018 In Color Collection (141818); Jet Black Stazon Ink (101406); Versamark Ink (102283); Sahara Sand Ink (126976); Smoky Slate Ink (131179)
· Misc. – Aqua Painters (103954); Heat Tool (129053); Embossing Buddy (103083); White Embossing Powder (109132); Dimensionals (104430); Old Olive Bakers Twine (134579); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246); Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526); Bitty Butterfly Punch (129406)
· Card Stock 1: Basic Black 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
· Card Stock 2: Whisper White 5 1/4” x 4”
1. Stamp large and small butterfly images from Papillion Potpourri onto scrap paper; punch with coordinating butterfly punchs to create masks.
2. Ink butterfly stamps with Black Stazon and stamp two butterflies onto whisper white card layer. Place masks over butterflies.
3. Use stamp-a-ma-jig to line up and stamp image from Painters Pallette over the butterflies. Remove masks.
4. Use aqua painters to colour butterflies, pallette frame using 2016-2018 In Color ink pads. Add ‘ground’ in grey. Adhere card layer to Basic Black card base.
5. Ink long bold image from Thoughtful Banners in Black Stazon onto scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. Rub embossing buddy on top. Use Versamark to stamp “You Are” on top and emboss in white. Cut out.
6. Use Dapper Denim to ink “Expression of Love” and stamp onto scrap whisper white card stock; cut into banner. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere to card.
7. Wrap Old Olive Bakers twine onto banner and make a bow; add a rhinestone.
8. If desired, add third butterfly to card as shown, using glue dot to adhere.
9. Finish card by adding some Dazzling Diamonds onto butterflies.
This is the second card, with video:
RESERVE YOUR FREE
2016-2017 STAMPIN' UP! CATALOGUE NOW!
Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY STAMPING!