What's your favourite Stampin' Up! colour? I have a few: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Rich Razzleberry. Maybe I should also add Watermelon Wonder, from our 2015-2017 In Color Collection. Don't forget this In Color Collection will be retiring soon and during Sale-a-bration is the perfect time to stock up on your favourite items featuring these colors and get free product with your order (every $60CDN = 1 free SAB item!). Many 2015-2017 In Color products (inks, refills, markers, cardstock, etc) sell out very fast as we get closer to Spring, before the current catalogue ends on May 31.
Today is the first day the second release
of Sale-a-bration products are available!
I hope you're having fun playing with all your Stampin' Up! products, especially those in our Occasions catalogue! It's important to take some time to PLAY. Maybe have the girls over for a fun evening of crafts and snacks. All you'll need for hours of creative fun are our new Watercolor Pencils, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, and our Shimmery White Cardstock. The shimmery background technique I'm sharing with you today creates unique, sparkly, works of art that are frame worthy.
Combine colour from Watercolor Pencils and shimmer from both Shimmery White cardstock and the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to create unique backgrounds.
Whether you add stamped images or layer on die cut shapes, your project will shine.
TIP: Squeeze the sides of the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush where it says "Push" to release extra Wink of Stella Glitter so the brush is nice and juicy for best results when blending Watercolor Pencil.
The Shimmery Background Technique is a versatile technique used for backgrounds featuring Stampin' Up!'s Watercolor Pencils, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, and Shimmery White Paper.
ALLOW TO DRY: If the Wink of Stella seems a bit too dry, use an Aqua Painter with water to blend and smooth the colour and Wink of Stella. Let paper dry completely.
DRAGONFLY DREAMS CARD
- Use Stampin' Trimmer to cut Dapper Denim cardstock to measure 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" - fold in half to create card base that measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
- Cut Real Red cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and set aside.
- Cut Shimmery White cardstock to measure 3 3/4" x 5" Using the watercolour steps posted above, add strips of colour using Watercolor Pencils.
- Blend with Clear Wink of Stella (and aqua painter if needed) and allow paper to dry.
- Using Big Shot & Precision Base Plate, place Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Die on piece of Basic Black cardstock and cut. Add a touch of Clear Wink of Stella to the Dragonflies and adhere to front of card using small pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals (for raised effect) or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp sentiment using Black Memento ink pad.
- Glue Shimmery White piece to Real Red layer; wrap White Organza Ribbon around and tie a know. Adhere to card base.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
Shop 24/7 for your favourite Stampin' Up! products at my online store
Check out the discounts on the Clearance Rack
My youtube tutorials
View the current catalogues online
Calendar of Events - come stamp with me!
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, I am so grateful to my readers and subscribers. Big THANKS to you all for visiting my blog and for leaving wonderful comments, watching my youtube channel and for your orders too! I APPRECIATE YOU so much!!! xo
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!