· Stamp Sets – Dragonfly Dreams Bundle (144728), Papillon Potpourri (132058 wood/123759 Clear)
· Card Stock – Blushing Bride (131198), Very Vanilla (101650)
· Stamp Pads – Versamark (102283), Crumb Cake (120953)
· Misc. – Falling in Love Designer Series Paper (142788), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (133751), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), Embossing Buddy (103083), Heat Tool (129053), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Silicone Craft Sheet (127853), Stamping Sponges (141337), Big Shot (143263), Precision Plate (139684), Die Brush (140603), Basic Pearls (119247), 3/8” Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack (SAB 143601), Project Life Corner Punch (135346)
· Blushing Bride: 8 ½ x 5 ½
· Falling in Love DSP: 3 ¼” x 12 (Sahara Sand/Blushing Bride) & 3 ½” x 3 ½” (Soft Sky)
· Very Vanilla: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Fold Blushing Bride card stock in half to create 5 ½” x 4 ¼” card base.
- Using Precision Base Plate, cut Detailed Dragonfly thinlits on Big Shot. Use the 3 ¼” x 12” piece of (Sahara Sand/Blushing bride pattern) DSP to cut 2 of the largest detailed dragonfly thinlit, and one of the middle size dragonfly die.
- Cut off the wings from just 1 of the largest dragonfly pieces (save for another project) and just keep the body.
- Use 3 ½” x 3 ½” (soft sky pattern) DSP to cut out ‘solid’ dragonfly die. Cut off ‘head and tail’ as only the wings are needed.
- Sponge Crumb Cake ink along edges of large dragonfly, the wing pieces from the 2 middle size dragonflies and 1 body piece from large detailed dragonfly.
- Place dragonflies on silicone mat, one at a time, and use wide end of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to cover just the wings (not the middle portion of the body). Lift dragonfly off of silicon mat and sprinkle dazzling diamonds glitter over wings – set aside to dry.
- Use Project Life corner punch on all four corners of the 4 x 5 ¼” Very Vanilla. Sponge edges with Crumb Cake.
- Use embossing buddy on bottom right of Very Vanilla. Stamp sentiment with Versamark, sprinkle on Gold Emboss Powder, shake off excess and set with heat tool.
- Wrap ribbon around Very Vanilla layer, just above the sentiment (using glue dots to hold down if necessary). Adhere to card base.
- Position largest dragonfly on front of card and use Multipurpose Liquid Glue along the body only (not the wings) and adhere to Very Vanilla layer. Add the Soft Sky wings (using glue only on centre of wings), followed by the last detailed wings.
- Ink ‘antenna’ image from “Papillon Potpourri” stamp set with Crumb Cake and stamp above dragonfly head on card.
- Cut stampin’ dimensionals to fit behind top portion of dragonfly body and use Multipurpose Liquid glue along the tail and adhere over the wings onto card, lining up with first large dragonfly.
- Place three basic pearls on dragonfly to finish card.
***After I wrote this post tutorial I made a video for this card too; you can view the video HERE.
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!