Originally, I had wanted to run with the business opportunity - especially as SU was brand spankin' new to Canada. However, my full time career with the airlines kept me too busy except for the occasional workshop. Fast forward from 2002 to 2010. I attended my first SU convention in Salt Lake City in July 2010 and what a game changer! I saw all those people walking across the stage for their achievements and I clearly remember thinking "I can do this! These ladies are no different than I am!" - I was so inspired. When I got home I decided to jump in with both feet and work my business full time. It was sink or swim and I was determined to swim! I signed up for training with my amazing business coach, Ronda Wade, and that first year I earned the Grand Vacation to Disney World! Over the next few years I continued to earn trips and amazing awards (including two Founder's Circles Retreats) and the rest as they say, is history!
|Friends and members of my group who attended the 2013 Convention - I miss conventions in SLC!|
|Ronda and I at the awards ceremony for earning the Grand Vacation and Founders Circle Retreat|
|Friends and stampers at one of my annual Hostess Appreciation Dinners|
I love what I do, I love sharing my passion for stamping, and I love Stampin' Up! I've met amazing friends through both customers and my "Serene Stampers" team and my life has been continuously blessed through my business. And all because I bought the starter kit!
So, today I think we need to celebrate with a give away! I've got an assortment of goodies which include a Tangerine Tango Ink Pad, Paper Pumpkin Pen, Project Life Celebrate Every Day Photopolymer Stamp Set, AND a package of Basic Rhinestones! For your chance to win, just leave a comment to this post telling me what you love most about Stampin' Up! I'll announce the winner on Friday, April 18th.
Let's get to some stamping! Today's card features the "Butterfly Basics"and "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp sets. It's a simple card but elegant and pretty. I simply inked the flower stamp with Old Olive, Garden Green and Rose Red markers, lightly misted with water and voila! A sentiment and some gold splatters, a bit of ribbon and that's it! This is also my card share for the project sheet demo group I belong to. Also, you may want to consider getting the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set if it's been on your wish list, as it's retiring! Ack! This is hands down my most used stamp set - so much so that I wore out the case from opening and closing it so much (fortunately SU sells empty cases!).
Butterfly Basics Birthday Card
· Stamp Sets – Butterfly Basics (138813 wood /138816 clear /137154 photopolymer), Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood / 130517 clear)
· Card Stock – Old Olive (100702), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730), Crumb Cake (120953)
· Stamp Pads – Versamark (102283), Black Memento (132708)
· Misc. – Gold Embossing Powder (109129), Embossing Buddy (103083), Heat Tool (129053), 1/8” Gold Ribbon (134583), Regals Markers (131262), Brights Markers (131259), Aqua Painters (103954)
· Old Olive: 8 ½ x 5 ½
· Whisper White: 4” x 5 ¼”
· Basic Black: 3 ¾” x 5”
· Crumb Cake: 3 ½” x 4 ¾”
- Fold Old Olive card stock in half to create 5 ½” x 4 ¼” card base. Adhere Whisper White and Basic Black layers to front of card.
- Ink flower stamp from “Butterfly Basics” using Old Olive, Garden Green and Rose Red markers. Mist with water and stamp onto Crumb Cake card stock.
- Scribble Old Olive and Rose Red markers onto a porous surface and pick up ink using Aqua Painter to fill in the leaves and the flowers. Let dry.
- Use Black Memento ink to stamp sentiment.
- Rub embossing buddy over crumb cake layer and stamp splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge set using versamark. Sprinkle gold embossing powder over, shaking off excess, and set with heat tool. Adhere to front of card
- Add 1/8” Gold Ribbon to side of card, tying into a knot.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
All orders placed through my online store of $40 of more (before tax and shipping) will receive a FREE tutorial. This PDF tutorial features 12 beautiful card projects, with all measurements, step-by-step instructions and supplies list. Simply enter the special host code YYQR9GVB prior to submitting your order. If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the host code so that you will also receive your stamping rewards and I will then send you the PDF tutorial. All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail.