Hi Friends! This morning I made a thank you card for my hairdresser – she did a fabulous job colouring my hair! I was ready for a change and I’ve been slowing letting my dark natural blonde grow out over the last few months. So we went a shade darker than my natural colour and added light blonde and copper highlights. Want to see?
For my card, I wanted something that was a bit Autumn themed and I also wanted to incorporate the ‘Ladies World’ image from the “Come Sail Away” Designer Series Paper. I was quite pleased with how this card turned out and I can’t wait to give it to my hairdresser! Here are the details:
- Very Vanilla card base: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (when folder)
- Red Red card stock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Designer Series Paper strips: three pieces at 1-1/4″ x 5″
- Smoky Slate card stock for the label die.
- The sentiment is from the “Butterfly Gala” set and stamped with Memento ink.
- I cut the leaf from Crumb Cake card stock, using the die from the “Seasonal Layers” collection. Once cut, I lightly misted the leaf with water and ran it through the Scripty 3-D embossing folder.
- To finish, I added the clear gem and lightly spritzed the entire card with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.
Don’t forget about our Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper sale that’s still going on! Until the end of the month, you can stock up and save on gorgeous papers, including the “Come Sail Away” DSP that I used on today’s card!