Hi Friends. So today I decided at the last minute to film a project that I was about to make – very spur of the moment. I wanted to start using up some of my bits and pieces from the “Carried Away” Designer Series Pack and make some quick cards. Then I decided to make a cute little tote to put them in, to use as gift item for one of my hostesses this month. This is a really easy and FUN project to make – I hope you’ll give this a try because I think you’ll really enjoy it.
Using different colours and DSP will change the whole look too. Remember, Sale-a-bration ends this month and these free items are now only available while supplies last. If you haven’t yet gotten the Avant Garden stamp set then I encourage you to grab it soon because I promise you’re going to LOVE it!
Tote Measurements & Instructions
- Cut Peekaboo Peach card stock to measure 11″ x 5 3/4″. Score along the 11″ side at 3/4″, 5 1/4″, 6″ and 10 1/2″. Turn and score along the 5 3/4″ side at the 3/4″ mark. Cut the bottom vertical score lines up to the horizontal score lines. Cut away the smallest bottom corner piece and discard.
- From the Carried Away Designer Series paper cut two pieces to measure 4″ x 4″ and another two pieces 4″ x 3/4″ (or 4″ x 1/2″ if you want a little border of Peekaboo Peach on the sides of the tote). Glue theses pieces to the Peekaboo Peach tote card base.
- Cut two 10″ pieces of Metallic 3/8″ Ribbon (or ribbon of choice) – these will be the handles for the tote. Using glue dots to position above corners of 4″ x 4″ DSP on tote base.
- Cut a strip of Carried Away DSP to measure 2″ x 11″. Fold over 1/2″ of the DSP and use adhesive to glue flap down. Set aside.
- Place adhesive (I used Tear & Tape) along side and bottom flaps, leaving one long bottom flap free of tape. Remove backing and fold together.
- Wrap entire top edge of tote with Tear & Tape adhesive and remove backing. Adhere 11″ DSP strip around tote.
- Decorate front of tote with 2 3/4″ x 3″ decorative piece that matches cards (or however you choose!).
- Stamp cards to tuck inside the tote along with some envelopes!
To create quick Avant Garden note cards:
- Cut Whisper White card stock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and fold in half to create a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base.
- Cut Carried Away Designer Series Paper 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. Fold down approx. 1/2″ and glue flap in place. Set aside.
- Using flower from Avant Garden stamp set, ink with Peekaboo Peach and sponge edges with Watermelon Wonder and stamp onto card base. Repeat with two more flowers.
- Stamp stems and leaves using Mint Macaron.
- Stamp centre of flowers with Smoky Slate ink.
- Glue the DSP piece onto the lower portion of the card.
- Stamp sentiment with Night of Navy ink onto a scrap piece of whisper white and cut into banner. Place onto card with stampin’ dimensionals.
- Tie a knot from 3/8″ metallic ribbon (use the same ribbon as you used for tote handles) and position onto card using a glue dot.
- Finish the card by adding either Basic Pearls or Rhinestones.
REMINDER: pretty soon all the Stampin’ Up! products that use the 2015-2017 In Colours (ink pads, card stock, ribbon, markers, etc) will be retiring (in May) and often sell out the month before. So I highly encourage you order/stock up on your favourite 2015-2017 In Colour products really soon so that you don’t miss out on getting the items that you want. Don’t forget to get your ink refills too!
SALE-A-BRATION ENDS MARCH 31st!
Use the following special code
before you submit your online order
and you’ll receive 10 tutorials as my thank you gift!
These step-by-step PDF tutorials will be sent to you via email. Do NOT use this code if your order is $200 or more (before tax and shipping) to ensure you receive your Host Benefits. Don’t worry – I’ll still send you the awesome project tutorials!