Hi Friends. It’s been a hot minute since I last participated in the fabulous “Around the World on Wednesday” Blog Hop and I’m thrilled to join in this month!
“Something New, Something Used” is the general theme for our December 2022 Blog Hop, with a specific focus on using something untouched in our craft space! Whatever we create our projects with must use one item for the FIRST time and one item that we’ve ALREADY used.
Well, I’ve got a stash of new Stampin’ Up! products that arrived yesterday in my pre-order (I love this perk of being a demonstrator), so I knew I had lots of items I’d be using for the first time. As for the ‘something used’ item, well, I’m going to attribute my ink pads and embossing tools for that.
I’ve also decided to pull in the technique I used on my card as something ‘used’, but with new products I’ve never played with. The new “In the Country” stamp set, which is FREE during Saleabration next month, completely reminds me of a card I’d made a few years back, using the “By The Bay” stamp set (Saleabration 2019).
I’ve always loved the above cards and the technique – you can get the details, and the video demonstration – by clicking HERE.
I kept today’s card a little more simplified and with a couple of tweaks, but I love how it turned out! The new products that I used were the “In the Country” Saleabration stamp set, the sentiment is from the “Greatest Journey” stamp set (wait until you see the dies that coordinate with these stamps!) and the gorgeous new Balmy Blue & White ribbon. These products will be available starting January 5, 2023.
IN THE COUNTRY CARD
- Shaded Spruce – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, 5 ¼” x 2 ½”
- Basic White – 4” x 5 ¼”, 2” x 5 ¼”
- Pear Pizzazz – 2 ¼” x 5 ¼”
- Fold Shaded Spruce card stock in half to create card base.
- Place 2” x 5 ¼” Basic White on centre of 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White Card stock and position on the Stamparatus, holding the two pieces together with magnet.
- Line up stamp over the two pieces of white card stock, and close the lid onto the stamp. Ink with black stazon and stamp twice. Remove the stamp and replace it with the sentiment. Ink with Versamark and stamp.
- Remove the stamped piece from Stamparatus and sprinkle gold embossing powder over the sentiment, shake off excess, and set with heat tool.
- Use water painter and ink pads to color the stamped image on 2” x 5 ¼” strip: Pear Pizzazz ink to the grass, Shaded Spruce on the trees, Crumb Cake on the path, Soft Suede on the fence posts. Let dry.
- Use Blender Brush to add Balmy Blue ink for the sky and Pear Pizzazz along the bottom.
- Place Tear and Tape along the front to add ribbon, securing in the back.
- Glue stamped piece to Pear Pizzazz card stock and then onto the Shaded Spruce Layer.
- Glue the 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White card stock to the front of the card, then glue the stamped/coloured layer, lining up in the centre and with the stamped image.
- Stamp Sets – *In the Country (Saleabration 2023) , *Greatest Journey 
- Card Stock – Basic White 8 1/2″ X 11″ , Shaded Spruce , Pear Pizzazz ]131201]
- Stamp Pads – Crumb Cake , Pear Pizzazz , Shaded Spruce , Balmy Blue , Soft Suede , Versamark , Jet Black Stazon , Craft White Pad 
- Misc. – Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Stamparatus , Sponge Daubers , Water Painters , Metallics Stampin’ Emboss Powders , Heat Tool ,Tear & Tape Adhesive , *Balmy Blue & White 1/2” Varigated Ribbon 
*Available January 5, 2023
I am excited for you to see what everyone else in our blog hop has created for you today! Here are the links for you:
Tina Zinck-MacDonald – CA (you are here)
If you are a customer of mine and have placed an order with me in the past year, then I’ve already mailed you a complimentary 2023 Mini Catalogue and Sale-a-bration brochure. You should receive them by the end of this month; please let me know if you don’t. Also, if you live in Canada and don’t already have a demonstrator and would like these catalogues too, pop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!