Hi Friends! I hope you had a nice weekend! On Friday night I had two lovely friends visit and we had such a great time. My friend Sue taught Tish and me how to knit socks, as neither one of us had done that before. Thank goodness for Sue’s patience! Learning how to hold and work with four little needles is tricky! Fortunately, I’m on my way, knit three, pearl one, until I get to 7″ in length, then I’ll start on another four needles, doing the same for the second sock. I’ll wait until the three of us girls get together again before I attempt the next step! LOL It was wonderful to relax by the fireplace, drinking wine, laughing, and getting caught up while we worked on our projects. Nothing beats ‘girl time’, right?
The card I’m sharing with you today is one that I made for my Dad’s birthday, and also for this month’s “Leaders Project Sheet Group”.
The “Beside Me” stamp set pulled at my heart the minute I saw it. I have so many wonderful memories of fishing with my dad when I was little (and right up to this day). Each time I go home (Comox, Vancouver Island) to visit, Dad has his boat ready so that we can spend time fishing together.
I also used the “Love For You Bundle” on my dad’s card, which worked really well with the “Beside Me” stamp set.
- Basic White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 4” x 5 ¼”, piece for die cuts
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half to form card base.
- Run 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White card stock through embossing folder. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp image from “Beside Me” stamp set with Black Memento ink onto scrap piece of Basic White card stock.
- Colour image with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut with Paper Snips and place onto the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Night of Navy and Real Red ink pads to stamp images from the “Love For You” stamp set onto scrap piece of Basic White card stock. Cut with coordinating dies.
- Place die cuts onto card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here’s a photo of the inside of my dad’s card:
Word on the street is that there may be a big snowstorm heading our way tomorrow and into Wednesday. So I’m going to have another cup of coffee (it’s just past 9am) before I pull on my boots and winter gear and haul in some firewood. We have two racks downstairs for our wood, one is more for backup and the other rack is next to our wood stove. The latter rack is almost empty. It’s a lot easier to use the wheelbarrow and load in the wood when you’re not pushing it through lots of snow, and right now we’ve got a clear path from the shed and hard frozen ground. So on that note….I’d best get movin’. Hopefully, I’ll have a chance later today to tackle my socks – and figuring out how to hold those four knitting needles at the same time! LOL
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!
Leave a Reply