Just a quick post. First of all, I must tell you. For those of you that don’t already know – I. LOVE. MY. BIG. SHOT. Period. Dot. I rec’d it from my Santa Christmas of 2008 and I am STILL having as much fun with it now (if not more so) than I did when I first got it! In other words, the excitement of using my Big Shot has NOT worn off! LOL I use it all the time – for my cards, scrapbook pages, candles, embellishments, you name it. Lately Stampin’ Up! has been sharing fabulous ideas with the Big Shot that uses FABRIC! This is hot, hot, hot! From flower pins, to quilts, purses, accessories, you name it – the BIG SHOT is an awesome (and mega fun) tool! Check out this adorable baby dress, made from a onesie and embellished with fabric cut on the Big Shot with exclusive Stampin’ Up! dies:
Here’s the instructions to make this:
- Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Pennant Bigz XL die
- Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die
- 1″ wide elastic
- Sewing machine and thread
- Baby onesie
- Die cut 12 pennants using Big Shot and Pennant Bigz XL die. Gather and adhere to 1″ elastic using sewing machine and thread.
- Die cut seven small scallop circles using Big Shot and Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. Fold over five scallops and adhere to collar of onesie using sewing machine and thread.
- Die cut 10 small scallop circles using Big Shot and Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. Gather the circles across three of the scallops on the same double-thread. Tie off.
- To create ribbon flowerette, tie a knot in the end of Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, then tie a new knot every three inches. Gather the ribbon in between each knot.
- Adhere ribbon to flower, then sew entire piece to onesie.
- Wash and dry to give shabby-chic look.
Here’s another darling item:
Little Girl Outfit and Bookbag
- Old Olive 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- Pewter Jumbo Eyelets
- Flower Layers w/Leaf Bigz die
- Flower Layers Originals die
- Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin’ Up!
- Sewing machine and thread
- Tank top
- Black crochet thread
Can you just imagine all the items you can make? Is your creative mojo juicin’ up? Table runners, placemats, jean jackets, scarves…etc. Talk about great gifts! You could easily go to the ‘VV Boutique’ (Value Village) to find fun items to embellish or even buy items (such as scarves, skirts, and tops) simply for the fabric! I once made a couple of throw pillows from a skirt – loved the fabric but wouldn’t be caught dead wearing it! So I bought it and made the pillows. LOVE THEM! LOL So have fun with your creations. I’m leaning towards the retro/vintage patterns myself and I look forward to sharing my projects with you once they’re completed. Here’s a list of some materials that are approved to go through the BIG SHOT:
Big Shot Materials List for Bigz and Originals Dies
The following materials work well when creating die cuts with the Big Shot machine and Bigz and Originals dies. Please note the maximum thickness of several materials. As a rule of thumb, you can cut a material with your Big Shot machine and Bigz or Originals dies if you can cut it using your Craft & Paper Scissors.
Finally, I demonstrated the WATERFALL technique to my stamp clubs this month and everyone had a lot of fun with it and all were thrilled with their masterpieces! Please email me if you’d like the instructions for this fun technique. This month we’ll be making another ‘moving’ card that I’m sure y’all will be thrilled with! If you’re not in a club and would also like to learn these techniques first hand, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d be happy to demonstrate at a workshop of your own!
Leave a Reply