Hi Friends! Today I’m excited to share another “Around the World on Wednesday” blog hop with you!
The theme for this month is all about
CASE stands for “Copy & Share Everything”. There is no shame in the world of paper crafting to copy someone’s card or project, in fact, this is one of the BEST ways to find INSPIRATION! You can copy it exactly or use the original card as a jumping-off point to add your own tweaks and modifications.
A word of advice: it’s always good practice to give credit to the person you’re CASE-ing, especially if you’ve decided to make an identical card or project. This is simple common courtesy. There’s nothing more disheartening than seeing your creation recreated by someone else (especially on blogs and YouTube) without a mention of your name for the idea and inspiration.
I’m always flattered when I see that someone has cased one of my cards. I truly LOVE how we can all inspire each other with our ideas and creations.
Today I’m excited to CASE Ximena Morales, a demonstrator in our blog hop group who lives in Germany!
|This is Ximena’s beautiful card!|
Ximena shared a fabulous card fold on her blog that I personally hadn’t seen before, so I couldn’t wait to try it! As Ximena lives in Germany and works with centimetres, I did change up the measurements to inches and I also made my card a standard card size (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″).
I couldn’t wait to CASE Ximena’s card and I decided to use the “Forever Greenery” Designer Series Paper, our Ornate Layer Dies and the “Here’s a Card” stamp set:
This “Tri-Fold Accordion”
card is so much FUN to make!
Here’s how I made this card:
- Cut Pretty Peacock card stock to measure 11″ x 5 1/2″.
- Along the 11″ side, score at 4 1/4″, 7″ and 9 3/4″. Fold along each crease, to create a mountain/valley. Add Stampin’ Seal the inside folds to adhere them together.
- Add a piece of Designer Series Paper that measures 1 x 5 1/4″ to the front flap.
- Adhere a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of DSP to the next fold.
- Cut Whisper White card stock to measure 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and stamp as desired. Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere to the third fold.
- Cut DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to inside of card.
- Cut a piece of Pretty Peacock card stock with small frame from “Ornate Layers” dies. Add Stampin’ Seal behind the die-cut, just on the left side, and place on the front of card.
- Repeat step 7, this time using Whisper White card stock for the die-cut. Stamp sentiment and glue to the inside flap of card, lining up with the front die cut.
- On scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp sentiment for the front of card with Pretty Peacock ink pad. Cut with small rectangle die and use Stampin’ Dimensionals to place on Pretty Peacock frame.
Forever Fern Cling Stamp Set (English)
Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper
Pretty Peacock 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad
Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad
I actually created a couple more cards using this fun fold and made a video tutorial for you:
**Please note: in my video, I stated that my card base was 11 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, when in fact it’s 11″ x 5 1/2″
“Timeless Tulips” Tri-Fold Accordion Card:
- Timeless Tulips Photopolymer Stamp Set (English) 
- 2020–2022 In Color 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper 
- Basic Black 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Ornate Layers Dies 
- Stitched Rectangles Dies 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Magenta Madness Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Just Jade Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Stampin’ Seal 
“Peaceful Moments” Tri-Fold
Gift Card Holder:
- Peaceful Moments Cling Stamp Set (English) 
- Old Olive 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Pretty Peacock 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper 
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Layering Circles Dies 
- Greenery Embossing Folders 
- Old Olive/Pretty Peacock 3/8″ (1 Cm) Reversible Ribbon 
- Lovely Labels Pick A Punch 
- Stampin’ Seal 
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 
- Mini Glue Dots 
Thank YOU, Ximena, for the fabulous inspiration! I really enjoyed making this fun fold!
Annette Ball is next up on our blog hop today! Click on the image below to visit her and see who and what she’s CASE-ing today:
To see what the rest of our blog hop team are
CASE-ing, click on the links below:
Bruno Bertucci, Special Guest – AU
Kylie Bertucci, Special Guest – AU
Tina Zinck – CA – YOU ARE HERE
- All online orders will receive a hand stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your address!) and 12 step-by-step stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as token of my appreciation for your online order!
- At the end of each month everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a gift of Stampin’ Up! product (winner is chosen via random.org).
Simply enter this month’s special host code
prior to submitting your order through my website.
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!
- Visit my online store here
- Save big on the Clearance Rack
- Current specials
- Shop with me and receive a gift!
- My Serene Stamper YouTube channel
- Join me on Facebook
- Come stamp with me!
- Start your own business.
- Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
- Sign up for my newsletters
Cheryll Miller says
well wow Tina! I love your beautiful trio of cards. Thanks to you and Ximena for showing us that gorgeous fold. xxx
Lovely to see the variations on this fun fold Tina. Especially like how you've changed it up to add a gift card holder.
Teri West says
Tina, love your version of this trifold. Great projects!
Ximena Morales says
Hi Tina! It feels so strange to get cased ! 😅 Love all the variations you made! All are Beautiful!! ♥️
Cazz Boylan says
love seeing the variations of the cards! Lovely xo
Oh fun!! Going to have to try this wonderful fold – and I love how you've done it with this gorgeous Suite!! 🙂
Angie McKenzie says
Oh, you DID have fun CAS(e)ing Ximena's card! Love all the cards that you created and that you added a pocket for one of them. Thanks for the inspiration as always and for hopping Around the World on Wednesday with us! xx
Anne Marie Hile says
Tina, your projects are fabulous! I can't wait to try this fold and I love the little gift card holder, too. So wonderful to hop with you this month!