I love the “Build a Blossom” stamp set and coordinating “Blossom Petals” punch – you can do soooooo much with it! I also used the “Four Frames” stamp set that is only available until April 30th, as it’s part of the “Spring is Blossoming” promotion. The Build a Blossom stamp set & Blossom Punch are both in the current Occasions Mini which also ends April 30th (only 5 more days!). So if these items are on your ‘wish list’ you’ll have to order them quickly! Now, on to the directions:
This is how I made this card:
- Cut a piece of Old Olive card stock to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Randomly stamp circle from the Build a Blossom stamp set using Versamark. Then punch out a circle with the 2 1/2″ circle. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on backside, around the edges and a few in the centre. Set aside.
- Make the water lily flower with the Build a Blossom stamp set and Blossoms Petal Punch. I used Cajun Craze Classic Ink and Whisper White card stock. Stamp 12 petals, punch out and set aside. Stamp 3 leaves and set aside. FYI: the leaves were stamped in Old Olive (stamp off once for lighter shade of Old Olive in the ‘solid leaf’ stamp and full strength ink for the ‘outline leaf’ stamp).
- The Four Frames stamp was inked with Baja Breeze and the sentiment is from the “Peace Within” stamp set.
- To make the Fish: cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 3 3/4″ x 4 1/2″. The measurement doesn’t have to be accurate, just make sure the Whisper White piece is larger than the window opening on the front of your card – in this case, larger than the 2 1/2″ circle. Using Cajun Craze classic ink, stamp the fishes using the smaller petal stamps in the Build a Blossom stamp set. You can ‘eye-ball’ it or use your stamp-a-ma-jig for precise placement of the tail and fins. Set aside.
- To make the ‘water’: squeeze a dollop of cheap hair gel (I just got some at the $1 store) into a mini plastic bag. For this card I needed bags that measured 3″ x 5″ (also purchased at the $1 store). If desired, add 1 drop of Baja Breeze re-inker. You can also add a wee pinch of Dazzling Diamonds if your heart desires. Then seal the bag, pushing out as much air as you can and then mush up the ink into the gel.
- Putting it all together: Use some Snail Adhesive to adhere the gel bag to back of your Old Olive card stock. Then peel off the backings of the stampin’ dimensionals and stick the gel/card base on top of the whisper white gold fish card stock. Add some snail behind the whisper white and adhere to your card base (I used Early Espresso).
- Add your water lily Flower and Final touches: Build your flower using glue dots. I used 7 for the bottom layer and 5 petals for the top – make sure the pointed tip of the flower is on the ‘outside’ of the flower. Curl each petal slightly using your bone folder. Use two way glue pen to add Dazzling Diamonds to flower petals – this is NOT optional (hee hee). Use Snail Adhesive to Four Frames sentiment and place on to card, tucking a bit of it under the flower. That’s it! You’re done! Enjoy your masterpiece and be prepared to hear a lot of “WOWS” when you show it to the world!