Hi Friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! On Friday we got walloped with a LOT of snow – and it was was COLD and stormy. Saturday and Sunday were sunny, warm and spring like temperatures (up to 17′!) – soooo crazy! This week we’re expecting more of the same (not quite so warm as this past weekend, but all plus temps) and then back down to the minuses and more snow. Oiy vey. Typical Canadian Spring – t-shirts one day, sweaters and mittens the next.
In the meantime, I’ve been finishing up my tutorials for this month’s “Springtime Joy” class and I just LOVE how all the cards (10 of them) and projects (treat box and wall banner) have turned out! Creating for this class has certainly put me in the SPRINGTIME mode, regardless of what Mother Nature throws at us!
The card tutorial I’m sharing with you today features the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle. Just an FYI – our Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper SOLD OUT last week, on the day we had our free shipping. Today’s card does use this DSP on it but if you don’t have any, simply switch it out and use what you do have.
- Melon Mambo: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” score at 4 1/4” on 8 ½” side (card base)
- Calypso Coral: 5 ¼” x 4”
- Basic Black: 2 ¾” x 4 ¼” (2)
- Basic White: 5” x 6”
- Butterfly Bijou DSP (See picture for which piece): 2 ½” x 4”; 1” x 4”
- Fold Melon Mambo c/s in half (card base).
- Place larger DSP piece centered on Calypso Coral c/s. You can place a small dot of Stampin’ Seal to hold it down and stamp butterfly stamp on both pieces in Calypso Coral ink. Then remove DSP piece and set aside.
- Emboss the stamped Calypso Coral piece with the Old World Paper EF. Adhere stamped and embossed piece centered on front of card. Then adhere one of the Basic Black piece centered on Calypso Coral and the stamped DSP centered on the Basic Black.
- Stamp the butterfly stamp on the Basic White piece in Memento Black. Place a couple of drops of each reinker on a Styrofoam plate or plastic surface or small plastic palette. Mix colors to create oranges, greens and purples. Watercolor all butterflies with the middle Water Painter. Set aside to dry. When dry, cut out all butterflies. Choose one to use on card. Then cut out the overlay for that butterfly from the other Basic Black c/s piece.
- Adhere the Black butterfly over the watercolored butterfly on body in center and attach to card with Dimensionals. See picture for placement.
- Stamp sentiment from the Hello Dear Friend stamp set on small narrow DSP piece. Snip ends like a pennant and adhere to card with Stampin’ Seal or Dimensionals.
- Stamp Sets –Butterfly Brilliance (155092); Hello Dear Friend (154573)
- Card Stock –Melon Mambo (115320); Calypso Coral (122925); Basic Black (121045); Basic White (159276); Butterfly Bijou DSP (156824)
- Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black Pad (132708); Calypso Coral (147101)
- Misc– Reinkers: Real Red (103287), Daffodil Delight (119672), and Pacific Point (111840); Water Painters (151298); Old World Paper Embossing Folder (153200); Brilliant Wings Dies (155523); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Paper Snips (103579); Stampin’ Seal (149699)
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!
Leave a Reply