Hi Friends! On Friday I made two of the fastest cards I think I may have ever made! I wanted to get these cards in the mail and I realized I only had fifteen minutes to make them AND get to the post office. The mail goes out at 3:30pm and it was already quarter past. Fortunately, the post office is only a two-minute drive from my home. These cards are for my Dad and his best friend and fishing buddy, Tim. I had bought each of them a glow-in-the-dark ‘wedding band’ fishing lure for trout. For some reason, these are hard to find back home (in Comox, BC). As I myself am going away on a three day fishing holiday this week (back on Wed), that is why I wanted to get these cards and lures made and mailed.
Here’s how I made these cards:
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White card stock, I swiped the Pool Party ink pad directly across the top half and the Balmy Blue along the bottom half. This created the sky and ocean. I left the white spots of the paper that didn’t get inked, thinking they could be the clouds!
- Next, I stamped the images from the “By the Dock” set with black Memento ink and coloured them in with my Stampin’ Blends.
- I used a sponge dauber with So Saffron ink for the ‘sun’.
- The birds are from the “High Tide” stamp set.
In case you’re wondering, YES, I made it to the post office in time and the cards were mailed – WHEW! I had them BOTH made, signed, addressed and in the car on route to the post office in fifteen minutes flat! That is a record. Hopefully the fish we all catch will be too!
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TUTORIALS
- All online orders will receive a hand stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your address!) and 12 step-by-step stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as token of my appreciation for your online order!
- At the end of each month everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a gift of Stampin’ Up! product (winner is chosen via random.org).
Simply enter this month’s special host code
prior to submitting your order through my website.
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!