Hi Friends! I hope you had a nice weekend. My hubby and I decided to have a spontaneous weekend getaway, and it was wonderful!
We drove just over two hours from our home to a tiny 200-year-old fishing cove, just outside of Halifax. Our room overlooked the pretty harbour, lined with boats filled with lobster traps and a colourful row of shops on the boardwalk.
It’s fun to play tourist in your own backyard, but I don’t think enough people do it. In fact, my dear hubby had never been to most of the places we went to this weekend, and he’s lived in Nova Scotia his whole life.
Today I made a birthday card for a friend and I used the new “Circle Sayings Bundle” (available starting tomorrow) and the Butterfly Dies (today is your LAST CHANCE to get them).
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ Crumb Cake Card Base (folded in half)
- 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ Strip of Boho Blue Card stock, cut with “Basic Borders Dies”
- 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ Boho Blue pattern from 2023-2025 Designer Series Paper
- I wrapped a piece of White Crinkled Seam Binding (now retired) around the Boho Blue card stock and added a bow to add a bit of texture
- For the butterfly, I first die-cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock (cutting two butterflies). Next, I stamped my flowers, using Azure Afternoon and Garden Green markers. I used my Basic Black marker to ink the body on the butterfly stamp and pressed my die cuts on top. To add some shine I covered the entire butterfly die cuts with Versamark ink and embossed in clear. A bit of tear and tape was used to adhere the butterflies together and rhinestones were added to the wings using Mini Glue Dots.
- The “Happy Birthday” sentiment was stamped with Azure Afternoon ink onto a piece of Basic White card stock that i had cut with the “”Something Fancy” Dies.
- I used Boho Blue ink to stamp the “Sending You a” image and cut it using the 2 3/8″ Circle Punch and my Paper Snips. Stampin’ Dimensionals were used to place this piece onto the card.
It’s a simple card, but I love the layout and I’ll definitely be using it again!
I hope you’re ready for the BIG DAY tomorrow when our new annual catalogue goes LIVE! So exciting! If you need any help placing your order, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. If you’ve placed an order with me in the past year then you should have received the complimentary catalogue that I mailed to you. Be sure to let me know if you have not gotten your copy and/or if you’re someone who doesn’t already have a SU demonstrator and would also like a catalogue.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!