Hi Friends! I hope you had a nice weekend! Yesterday I shared a new video on my YouTube channel for a fun fold card which also featured products from our new “Butterfly Brilliance Collection”. To see my video demonstration and the cards, click HERE. I used the same card fold and products for today’s card, with a couple of changes.
Instead of embossing the edge of my Basic White card stock as I demonstrated in my “Easy Fun Fold Card” video, on today’s card I used a strip of “Butterfly Bijou” Designer Series Paper. I also made the card landscape rather than portrait. Sadly, this is a sympathy card for a friend in my “Serene Stampers” community who’s father just passed away. I love the simplicity of this card and I think the pattern of the Designer Series Paper behind the butterfly is perfect – to me, it looks like beautiful, heavenly clouds.
How to make this card:
- Cut Basic White card stock to measure 7 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Along the 7 1/2″ side score at 3 1/4″.
- Cut a strip of Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper 1″ x 5 1/2″ and adhere to the bottom edge of the card.
- Place a strip of Tear & Tape adhesive across the top of the 1″ DSP strip, peel off the backing and position the lace ribbon on top.
- Stamp sentiment inside card. **I used the “Bouquet of Hope” Paper Pumpkin stamp set.
- Cut another piece of Butterfly Bijou DSP 3″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp sentiment on front with Black Memento Ink Pad. On the opposite side of DSP, stamp the ‘circle’ from Comfort & Hope stamp set with Versamark ink and emboss in white. Adhere piece to front flap.
- Cut the butterfly from Butterfly Bijou DSP using Brilliance Wings Dies and place on the card front with Mini Glue Dots.
- Add a large rhinestone to the butterfly.
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!