Hi Friends! HAPPY FRIDAY! As I’m sure most of you know, every Friday I have my “Mystery Stamping Hour” over in my Serene Stamper Facebook Group. If you haven’t already joined and would like to, click HERE. For today’s card, I chose a sweet little fun fold design and used my “Count on Me” and “Evergreen Elegance” stamp sets:
The “Count on Me” stamp set is a new one I’d just received this week and I’m LOVING it! I don’t have enough stamp sets with little ‘characters’ and I’m so glad I decided to order this adorable set. The bear is just so darn CUTE!
I did a little masking and covered my bear so that I could stamp my trees from the “Evergreen Elegance” stamp set. Masking is always so magical, don’t you think? No matter how long I’ve been stamping, it’s always so much fun to remove the mask and see the reveal!
The trees on the Garden Green card stock are stamped with Garden Green ink, for a tone-on-tone look. A little white embossing made the sentiment really ‘pop’!
For the inside of the card, I simply stamped a few more trees and the ‘ground’ and used Polished Pink ink for the sentiment.
Here’s my tutorial for today’s card:
- Basic White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”
- Garden Green: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Bumblebee: 4 ¼” x 3
- Basic White: 4” x 2 ¾”
- Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper: 2” x 4” (2 pieces, each a different pattern)
- Score the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Basic White card stock at 4 ¼” and fold in half to create card base.
- Using the Stampin’ Up! paper trimmer, cut both pieces of the 2” x 4” DSP in half on the diagonal.
- Place glue onto the Designer Series Paper, ONLY along the side and bottom, and adhere them criss-crossing each other on the bottom of Garden Green card stock. This will create a pocket.
- Stamp trees from “Evergreen Elegance” stamp set with Garden Green ink pad onto the Garden Green card stock. Stamp sentiment from “Peaceful Moments” with Versamark and emboss in white.
- On 4” x 2 ¾” Basic White cardstock, stamp sentiment from “Inspired Thoughts” stamp set. Stamp bear from “Count Me In” set with Black Stazon and colour with water painter and ink pads (Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Polished Pink). Add a wash of Garden Green ink for ground. Place mask onto bear and stamp trees from “Everygreen Elegance” with Mossy Meadow ink pad. Add Clear Wink of Stella to the heart. Sponge edges with Early Espresso ink pad. Glue to Bumblebee card stock layer.
- Stamp sentiment from “Inspired Thoughts” with Early Espresso ink pad onto scrap piece of Bumblebee card stock. Cut and place onto card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Stamp image again onto scrap piece of Basic White, this time with Polished Pink ink, and cut out the word “LOVE”. Glue onto of Bumblebee cardstock as shown.
- Add linen thread bow.
- Stamp inside of card as desired.
- You’re finished! Send to someone you care about!
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!