This was a pretty simple card to make and a fun masculine one at that. Here are the details:
- Basic Black card base: 11″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White layers: 5 1/4″ x 4″ and 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ + scrap for truck.
- Lemon Lime Twist: 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black layer: 4 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Scrap piece Whisper White for banner
Putting it together:
- I ran the 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White and 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ strip of Lemon Lime Twist card stock pieces through the Big Shot using the Hardwood Embossing Folder.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the truck from “Country Livin’ with Stazon and coloured it with my ink pads and aqua painter. Then I cut it out and tapped the entire truck with my Versamark ink pad and sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over top & set with Heat Tool. Cut the truck and set aside.
- On the 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the truck and the trees from “Lovely as a Tree” right on top. Next, I sponged on Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist and Soft Suede Ink to create the grass, dirt road and sky.
- The truck was adhered to the card with glue dots on the wheels and Stampin’ dimensionals on the body, to pop it off the card.
- To made the ‘hardwood button’ embellishment: I used my 3/4″ Circle Punch and cut a circle from the Wood Textures DSP, as well as a circle from a piece of cardboard. I covered the DSP circle with Versamark and embossed with Clear Powder, then glued to the cardboard circle. This makes a great embellishment that is a bit thicker than paper and doesn’t leave a gap like a Stampin’ Dimensional would. A black sequin and small rhinestone were added to the centre.
- The stamped birds were an after-thought – this stamp image is from the High Tide stamp set. Yes, I use these birds on a LOT of my cards and projects!
- I used my aqua painters with Lemon Lime Twist and Garden Green ink pads to colour the trees.
- I’ve been using the “Well Said” stamps on many of my cards; it’s such a versatile set! The “Time for a New Adventure” sentiment goes perfectly with the truck, don’t you think?
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon! I also have some new videos coming this week for you too – I think you’re really going to enjoy them.