Hi Friends! Can you believe tomorrow is Good Friday and Easter is here already? We’re just spending a quiet weekend at home. I usually make my favourite Hot Cross Buns but the holiday snuck up on me and I didn’t get them done. Oh well – next year! At least the sun is shining and it’s a bright blue day outside – we’ve STILL been getting snow. Ugh. The good news is the rains are on route. The bad news is floods won’t be far behind. I remember our first year on the East Coast the rivers got so high that many of the routes into town were impassable. I have a feeling the same is going to happen in many areas here in the Atlantic, once again, in the coming weeks.
Let’s get on with today’s card! One of my favourite techniques with stamping is heat embossing and watercolouring. My card features the “Crazy About You” & “Painted Petals” stamp sets and uses both these techniques.
- Stamp the “Crazy About You” flowers and leaves onto 4″ x 5 1/4″ watercolour card stock with Versamark ink.
- Sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder on top, shake off excess, and heat set.
- Use a water bottle to spritz water liberally over the entire embossed layer.
- Squeeze one drop of ink refill from four colours onto a large clear block. Colours used are So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo & Crisp Cantaloupe.
- Use Aqua Painter to pick up a bit of ink, then touch the card stock and let the ink flow onto to the paper. Repeat this step until the amount of colour desired is achieved.
- With the remaining ink still on block, mist the block and then press it directly onto the card stock. Set aside to dry or use heat tool to speed up the process.
- Wipe the excess ink off of the embossed images.
- Wrap ribbon around card layer and adhere to Whisper White card base.
- Stamp sentiment from “Painted Petals” using Memento Black Ink onto Whisper White card stock that measures 2 3/4″ x 2″
- Use “Essentials” Paper Piercing mat and tool around sentiment and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch flower from Whisper White card stock using Itty Bitty Accents Punch. Add rhinestone. Float some colour onto flower using aqua painter and some of the same colours used on card (I just dipped my aqua painter into the lid of the ink refills to pick up a bit of colour). Use glue dot to add flower onto to sentiment.