Hi Friends! Wow, I can’t believe we’re in the middle of February already. How
fast time flies these days. If you’re like me, the countdown until
Spring is on!
What’s your favourite Stampin’ Up! colour? I have a few: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Rich Razzleberry. Maybe I should also add Watermelon Wonder,
from our 2015-2017 In Color Collection. Don’t forget this In Color
Collection will be retiring soon and during Sale-a-bration is the
perfect time to stock up on your favourite items featuring these colors
and get free product with your order (every $60CDN = 1 free SAB item!). Many 2015-2017 In Color products (inks, refills, markers, cardstock, etc) sell out
very fast as we get closer to Spring, before the current catalogue ends
on May 31.
is the first day the second release
There are three new items to choose from: Reverse Words stamp
set, Make a Medallion stamp set and a 6×6 Glimmer Paper Assortment
Pack! Be sure to get your favourites before Sale-a-bration ends on March
I hope you’re having fun
playing with all your Stampin’ Up! products, especially those in our
Occasions catalogue! It’s important to take some time to PLAY. Maybe
have the girls over for a fun evening of crafts and snacks. All you’ll
need for hours of creative fun are our new
Watercolor Pencils, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, and our Shimmery
White Cardstock. The shimmery background technique I’m sharing with you
today creates unique, sparkly, works of art that are frame worthy.
This card uses the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle from the Occasions Catalogue
and features the Watercolor Pencil Shimmery Wink technique.
Combine colour from Watercolor Pencils and
shimmer from both Shimmery White cardstock and the Clear Wink of Stella
Glitter Brush to create unique backgrounds.
Whether you add stamped images or layer on die cut shapes, your project will shine.
TIP: Squeeze the sides of
the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush where it says “Push” to release extra
Wink of Stella Glitter so the brush is nice and juicy for best results
when blending Watercolor Pencil.
The Shimmery Background
Technique is a versatile technique used for backgrounds featuring
Stampin’ Up!’s Watercolor Pencils, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush,
and Shimmery White Paper.
DIAGONAL STRIPES: Begin by colouring diagonal swatches of colour with Watercolor Pencils on Shimmery White cardstock.
Colours used from top to bottom are: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Melon Mambo.
BLEND COLOURS: Use a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to blend the Watercolor Pencil.
Make sure the brush is nice and
wet by pressing the “push” buttons on each side of the brush as needed.
Start blending at the top of the
Daffodil Delight section and blend into the Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo
ALLOW TO DRY: If the Wink of Stella seems a bit too dry, use an Aqua Painter with water to blend and smooth the colour and Wink of Stella. Let paper dry completely.
- Use Stampin’ Trimmer to cut Dapper Denim cardstock to measure 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – fold in half to create card base that measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut Real Red cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″ and set aside.
- Cut Shimmery White cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5″ Using the watercolour steps posted above, add strips of colour using Watercolor Pencils.
- Blend with Clear Wink of Stella (and aqua painter if needed) and allow paper to dry.
- Using Big Shot & Precision Base Plate, place Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Die on piece of Basic Black cardstock and cut. Add a touch of Clear Wink of Stella to the Dragonflies and adhere to front of card using small pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals (for raised effect) or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp sentiment using Black Memento ink pad.
- Glue Shimmery White piece to Real Red layer; wrap White Organza Ribbon around and tie a know. Adhere to card base.
Up! products at my online store
always, I am so grateful to my readers and subscribers. Big THANKS to
you all for visiting my blog and for leaving wonderful comments,
watching my youtube channel and for your orders too! I APPRECIATE YOU so
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!