Get a FREE set of INK PADS when you join Stampin’ Up!
Hi Friends! This past weekend I shared a card on my blog for Canada Day and I decided to create a video tutorial for it. In the video I re-created the card, but instead of using red (for Canada day) I created a green leaf with a green card base – I love how it turned out!
step instructions, measurements and supply are listed below.
- Pear Pizzazz Card Stock: 11″ x 4 1/4″, folded in half to create card base
- Whisper White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 4″ plus scrap piece for die cut leaf
- Shimmery White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 3″
- Glue Whisper White layer onto Pear Pizzazz card base and set aside.
- Place the 3″ x 5 1/2″ Shimmery White Card Stock onto the stampartus and line up solid maple leaf from “Colourful Seasons” – ink with Pear Pizzazz. Remove solid stamp and line up the detailed maple leaf stamp – ink with Call Me Clover and stamp over solid image.
- Rub embossing buddy over Shimmery White card stock and position swirl image from “Stylish Christmas” on stamparatus. Ink with versamark and stamp. Sprinkle Clear Embossing powder; heat set. Repeat, slightly shifting the swirl stamp, and emboss with White Powder.
- Add wash of colour using aqua painter with Pool Party and Pacific Point, drying in between layers as required.
- Stamp grid image from “Best Birds” and sponge edges with Crumb Cake ink .
- Stamp dot splatters from “Timeless Textures” with Call Me Clover.
- Use Big Shot with the smallest oval from “Layering Ovals” dies to cut opening on Shimmery White for the sentiment. Position over the Whisper White layer with “Happy Birthday” image from “Perennial Birthday” set inside the oval – stamp with Black Stazon.
- Adhere mini gold sequins with Fine Tip Glue to the Shimmery White layer – position onto card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use stamparatus to position solid maple leaf from “Colourful Seasons” set onto a scrap piece of Shimmery White card stock. Stamp three times using Pear Pizzazz. Replace stamp with the detailed maple leaf and stamp with Call Me Clover. Replace with solid maple leaf stamp again and this time stamp with versamark. Cover with Clear Embossing powder and heat set. Cut with coordinating leaf die from the “Seasonal Layers” dies. Crumple die cut and add to front of card with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Add a touch of Clear Wink of Stella to the leaf and the swirls.
- Finish the card with a twine bow, adhering with a glue dot.
This card, which you can see posted here, was created exactly the same way as today’s card, except I used Lovely Lipstick and Cherry Cobbler colours.
enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
BONUS “PASSPORT PALS” TUTORIALS
orders of $60 or more (prior to tax and shipping) will also receive the exclusive Passport Pals tutorials, created by Frenchie (France Martin) and
myself – that means you’ll receive 18 free project sheets!
If you live in the USA, click here to visit Frenchie on her to blog
and here to shop through her online store.
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon!
If you live locally I’d love for you to join in on my classes & events.
Click here to see what’s coming up!
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!
Beth Norman says
Very striking cards. They are so beautiful and the colour combinations are stunning.