Hi Friends! A while back I received a card from the Stampin’ Up! home office to congratulate me on an achievement I’d earned with my business. First of all, there is really nothing better than getting an unexpected card in the mail, right? So it really made my day to find this card waiting for me in my mailbox. Second, I just love the clean simplicity of the card design and I’ve been CASEing it ever since! If you’re wondering what that means, it’s when we copy and/or tweak a project someone else has made. This is great way for us to get ideas, and we can either copy the original exactly or switch out some of the elements for a different look. Just remember to give credit to those inspired your creations when you CASE.
The blue card in the photo is the card I received from Stampin’ Up! and the yellow card is my version:
I like to have lots of cards on hand and I was running low on thank you cards for my customers and congrats cards for my team members:
Within an hour I had made a dozen cards! When I’m mass producing cards I break it down into steps:
- First I cut and score all my So Saffron card bases and I also cut the Whisper White card stock (3 1/4″ x 2 1/2″).
- Then I punched all my banners and put them into individual piles.
- Next I stamped the card bases using the Dotty Angles stamp set using So Saffron Ink Pad.
- I used Black Stazon to stamp the Fabulous Four sentiments.
- The Stamp-a-ma-jig is a perfect tool to line up the banners – I simply placed the clear plastic piece on the whisper white to align the banners. Worked like a charm.
- To finish I tied the bows with the bakers twine and adhered using glue dots.
NEW WEEKLY DEALS: