Hello Friends! HAPPY FRIDAY! The card that I’m sharing with you today is one I made for our Leader’s Project Sheet Group this month.
I broke out my stencils (Decorative Masks), which I haven’t played with in ages and I just LOVE using them! I also used the “Floating & Fluttering Bundle”, which I’ve also neglected a bit since I got them.
Dust is NOT allowed on my stamps so I really focusing on give them ALL a little extra love and use. The problem is there isn’t enough time in a day to play with everything and create all the projects on our ‘must make’ lists!
I was in full craft mode yesterday when I made this card and when I finished it I was ready to rock and roll and create some more stencilled cards. I decided to take a break first and scoot up to the post office. WOW! I couldn’t believe how NICE and WARM it was outside – plus 11!
So as much as I wanted to make more cards, I decided instead to do a bit of spring cleaning. I opened some windows to let the beautiful warm(ish) fresh air inside and vacuumed and washed all the floors. Such a good feeling to get some of my chores tackled. By the time I finished cleaning – and running into to town to pick up my dog Rosey from the vet (I’m getting her tested for Cushing Disease) – it was time to start dinner. I am usually up between 4 – 5am in the mornings, so it was an early night for me, and that was my day.
You see, NOT enough hours to craft and stamp. Mind you, I always like to say that “A clean house is the sign of a lazy stamper.“, so perhaps I’ve got my priorities out of whack! LOL
I hope you enjoy today’s card and the tutorial, which you can also save and print off by clicking on the button below:
- Basic White: 8 ½” x 5 ½” , 3 ½” x 3 ½” , plus scrap piece
- Basic Gray: 5 ¼ “ x 3”
- Blushing Bride: 5 ¼” x 1 ½”, plus scrap piece
- Fold 8 ½” x 5 ½” Basic White card stock in half to create card base.
- Place mask on top of Basic Gray card stock and ‘stamp’ with the Versamark Inkpad (you may want to use repositionable tape to hold the mask in place). Remove mask and sprinkle White Emboss Powder over top, shaking off excess. Set with heat tool.
- Place the mask on top of Blushing Bride card stock and ‘stamp’ with the Versamark Ink pad to create a tone on tone watermark. Remove mask.
- Cut the long edge of Blushing Bride card stock using Ornate Border die. Glue strip behind the Basic Gray card stock (check with a ruler to make sure it measures 4” in width). Place Tear & Tape Adhesive along the seam where the two card stocks meet and remove backing. Wrap seam binding around the card stock, securing in the back. Glue to the card front.
- Place butterflies onto Stamparatus and stamp onto 3 ½” x 3 ½” Basic White card stock using Basic Gray ink pad. Stamp the solid images on butterflies and leaves using Blushing Bride and green ink pads.
- Clean stamp, without removing it from stamparatus. Place the butterfly detail stamps onto the Basic White card stock and pick up with the Stamparatus plate. Stamp with Versamark. Remove card stock from Stamparatus and sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder over the butterflies. Shake off excess and set with heat tool. Rub Gilded Leafing Embellishment on top, brushing off any excess. Cut with coordinating die and place on the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment onto a scrap piece of Basic White card stock and cut with Double Oval Punch.
- Cut a scrap piece of Blushing Bride card stock with Double Oval Punch. Place sentiment on top with Stampin’ Dimensional and adhere to the card front.
- Add a bow below the sentiment and place Basic Pearls onto butterflies to finish the card.
To see more cards I’ve made using the “Floating & Fluttering” bundle and the Double Dry Emboss Technique click HERE.
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!