Hi Friends! The card I’m sharing with you today is one I made for a birthday this past weekend. It’s almost a direct case from a sample in the current “Stampin’ Success” magazine (for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators only). I loved the clean look of it and knew right away I wanted to use this layout – Stampin’ Up! gives us so many great ideas! Here’s the finished card:
- I first inked up my Chevron embossing folder using Soft Sky.
- Next I placed a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock into the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. I adhered it onto a Whisper White card base measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- I stamped “You’re the Best” from “Friendly Wishes” using Versamark ink and covered it with Basic Black Embossing Powder. I shook off the excess powder and then set it with my heat tool.
- I used Soft Sky ink for the swirl image and Watermelon Wonder for the heart, which I raised up using a Stampin’ Dimensional. I should also mention that I used Iridescent Ice on the heart too, for a little shine and then added a rhinestone.
- The background behind the sentiment is another piece of Whisper White which I stamped using the “Work of Art” stamp set.
- A little washi tape and a couple of staples and voila! A very easy and fun card to make.
I’m going to be using this layout often as I think it would be very versatile using other stamps and colours.
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!