Have you ever looked at a particular stamp and it brings back a memory of a technique or a special card that you had forgotten about it? This is what happened to me when I first saw the birdcage and crow image in the “Ghoulish Goodies” stamp set:
Years ago, my friend Alison Solven, who is also a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, shared a technique at a regional seminar for a ‘pop up card’. Alison used an adorable stamp set with bird cages (LONG since retired) and I knew I wanted to make my card using the birdcage in the “Ghoulish Goodies” stamp set. I also pulled in products from the incredible “Magic in this Night” Suite.
This ‘pop up’ technique is surprisingly easy to do but it sure packs a “WOW” factor!
Here’s my video tutorial for you:
- Crumb Cake card stock: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, folded in half for card base ; 4″ x 5 1/4″ for front layer
- Whisper White card stock: 8 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, for the inside layer. Use a pencil to draw a line up the centre at the 4 1/8″ mark (along the 8 1/4″ side). Repeat on each end at 2 1/16th. These pencil lines will help you to line up the images when you stamp them so that they are placed along the crease lines of the cardstock.
Magic In This Night Suite Collection
Ghoulish Goodies Cling Stamp Set
Crumb Cake 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad
Here’s my Christmas version using the pop-up technique. I also went landscape, rather than portrait, so that you could see the difference…
Christmas Gleaming Cling Stamp Set (En)
Ornamental Envelopes Photopolymer Stamp Set
Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper
Very Vanilla 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Real Red 3/8″ (1 Cm) Sheer Ribbon
Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad
Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TUTORIALS!
- All online orders will receive a hand-stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your mailing address) and 12 stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as a token of my appreciation for your order! Please note: these tutorials are emailed out approx. the 15th of each month.
- At the end of each month, everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a free stamp set of their choice! The winner is chosen via random.org. Your name is entered for every order placed during the month (ie: two orders= two entries)
Simply enter this month’s special host code prior to submitting your order through my website:
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the host code so that you will also receive your stamping rewards – I will still send you the PDF tutorials.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!
- Visit my online store here
- Save big on the Clearance Rack
- Current specials
- Shop with me and receive a gift!
- My Serene Stamper YouTube channel
- Join me on Facebook
- Come stamp with me!
- Start your own business.
- Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
- Sign up for my newsletters
Beth Norman-Roberts says
Oh, Tina. I love these cards. Your Halloween and Christmas cards really inspire me. Another terrific technique from Tina.