Hi Friends! Oh wait until you see what I’ve got in store for you! Today’s project is one I created a couple of weeks ago and I was thrilled with how it turned out. What could be better than an adorable little snowman looking up at the falling snow? And let’s not forget about the glitter – and LOTS of it! This project would make a sweet Christmas gift for all your snow-lovin’ friends and family. Just get your hands on some frames (make sure there’s a mat inside) and you’re ready to rock and roll!
- Take frame apart (I used a 7″ x 9″ frame with matting for a 5″ x 7″ photo). Ink up mat with Versamark and sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder over top. Shake off excess and set with Heat Tool. Pour Dazzling Diamond Glitter over the Heat and Stick and tap off the excess. Caution: extra glitter may get on your clothes, in the air, stuck to your skin, etc. Personally, I think this is a good thing. My husband, however, does not. 😉 Place the mat back into the photo frame.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Card Stock to measure 4″ x 6″. Using the “Snow Day” stamp set, ink snow man well with Whisper White Craft Ink and stamp onto black card stock, not quite half way up the page, leaving room for the ‘snow’. Stamp carrot nose, arms and snow flakes, again using Whisper White ink.
- Make sure Whisper White ink is dry and stamp buttons and mouth on snowman, using Black Stazon ink.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to measure 4″ x 3″ and tear along the 3″ edge (hint: always tear towards you). Cover with Versamark, Heat & Stick and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, as in step #1. Adhere to black card stock.
- Use Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on snowflakes.
- Mount black card stock to a piece of 4 1/8″ x 6 1/8″ Whisper White. Then adhere that to a piece of Basic Grey card stock to 5″ x 7″. Put inside of frame.
- To finish: tie a piece of Black Chevron Ribbon around frame, tie in knot. Use the Festive Framlit bundle to make snowflakes (I cut one out of Silver Glimmer Paper and the smallest one was heat set with Silver Embossing Powder). Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere snowflakes together and place a Large Rhinestone in centre of top snowflake. Hot glue snowflake to ribbon. Stamp the “Warm Wishes” sentiment from the “Snow Day” stamp set on Whisper White card stock, using Versamark ink. Cover with Silver embossing powder and heat set. Follow shape with scissors to cut into a banner and tuck in between snowflakes and adhere. You’re done! Sit back and marvel at your adorable holiday creation!
|Click to enlarge.|