Hi Friends! This morning I woke up to a sprinkling of snow – our first of the season. It was plus 14′ yesterday, so BIG difference today. Isn’t the weather just crazy? I must admit though, it looks quite pretty outside. The snow has also put me into the holiday spirit, so I decided to start my day by stamping a Christmas card. I used a few different stamp sets, a bit of gold embossing and some die cuts. The Stamparatus really helps to line up the sentiments too. I hope you enjoy today’s project!
- Cherry Cobbler: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ plus scrap piece for flower die-cuts
- Very Vanilla: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 5 1/4″ x 3″
- Old Olive: scrap piece for die-cuts
- Gold Foil: scrap piece for flower die-cuts
- Fold Cherry Cobbler card stock in half, to create card base.
- Place 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock inside Scripty Embossing Folder and run through die cut/embossing machine. Remove card stock from folder and lightly sponge Sahara Ink over top. Mist with water and crumple paper, then open and let dry. Sponge again with Sahara ink, over the top and also on the edges. Randomly stamp ‘splatter’ image from “Christmas is Gleaming” set with Crumb Cake ink.
- Use scissors or tip of your nail to ruffle up the edges of Very Vanilla card stock and glue to the front of the card.
- Place 5 1/4″ x 3″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock inside Stamparatus, securing in place with magnet(s). Rub Embossing Buddy over the entire piece. Place first sentiment stamp onto card stock, close lid to pick it up, then open and ink with Versamark. Close lid to stamp image. Remove card stock from Stamparatus and sprinkle Gold Emboss Powder over top. Shake off excess and set with heat tool. Repeat for each sentiment.
- Once all sentiments have been stamped and heat embossing, cut with “Stitched Nested Label” die. Adhere die-cut to front of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut flowers and stems from “Detailed Deer Dies” using scrap pieces of Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Gold Foil card stock. Glue to card. Place a pearl on centre of each flower.
- Glue scrap bits of “Cherry Cobbler Striped Ribbon” to top of card.
- Make a knot from scrap piece of “Vanilla/Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon” and place on top centre of card, securing in place with Mini Glue Dots.
- To finish, spritz Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint onto card (mix a few drops of paint with 70% Rubbing Alcohol).
*Take a look through your stamp sets and change up the sentiments. You could easily make this into a card for any occasion, simply by switching the colours too!