A new stamp set that I recently ordered is the “Hoot Hoot Hooray” set, which is exclusive to our “Experience Creativity” brochure (which is why you won’t see it in our annual catalogue):
- Whisper White is cut 2-1/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Basic Black card stock measures 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Bird Ballad DSP measures 2″ x 4-1/4″
- I used my aqua painter to colour the stamped image, including a light wash of “Balmy Blue” around the flowers.
- I omitted the sentiment with the flower stamp and instead, I used the Happy Birthday that is part of the cupcakes image. I simply inked it with my black marker and stamped a second time on scrap paper to pop up onto the card. I also used my black marker to extend the flower stems below the banner.
- To make the pleated banner I simply scored a 1″ strip of Petal Pink card stock and folded the layers, securing with glue dots.
- Because I didn’t have a button handy for an embellishment, I pressed the Versamark ink pad onto another piece of Petal Pink card stock, embossed it in clear and punch out two little butterflies (stacked on top of each other).
I am really pleased with how today’s card turned out and I can’t wait to give it a friend celebrating a birthday this month!
Receive these exclusive tutorials as my thank you gift when you place an order with me:
The projects this month are gorgeous and include fun techniques and card designs.
I love this little set of stamps, and the cards you made are so cute!
Tina Zinck says
Thanks Sheila! I love the Hoot Hoot Hooray set too! I just uploaded a new video today with these stamps and all the extra details and pictures will be posted tomorrow! xoxo