Are you ready to learn how to make another fun fold card? The “Interlocking Gatefold” is a new one for me and it may be new to you too! This card is super simple and soooo much FUN to make!
I recently discovered this fun fold on a beautiful card created by Kat Chancellor (check it out on her blog HERE). I was absolutely inspired to give this gatefold a try and am I ever glad I did!
Here’s the first card that I made, which I also featured on yesterday’s blog post for our “Around the World on Wednesday” Blog Hop:Product List
My second & third “Interlocking Gatefold Cards” were made the same way but this time I used the “Campology” and “Beauty of Friendship” stamp sets (and the bird image from “Sailing Home” set):
Here’s my video demonstration for this card:
- Card base: 5 1/2″ x 12″, scored at 2″, 4″ 8″ and 10″
- Designer Series Paper: 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (four pieces)
- Inside Centre Designer Series Paper: 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Basic White Card Stock for Stamping: 5″ x 3 3/4″. Once stamped cut along the 5″ side at 1 3/4″ and repeat for a total of three pieces.
- Card Stock Layer for Stamped Pieces: 4″ x 5 1/2″. Cut into three pieces. Glue to card flaps.
I couldn’t resist making yet ANOTHER “interlocking gatefold card” with the beautiful “Pansy Patch Bundle” and coordinating “Pansy Petals” Designer Series Paper:
- Large pansies: Rich Razzleberry, Pale Papaya, Bumblebee, Calypso Coral and Black Memento
- Small pansies: Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink, Blackberry Bliss and Bumblebee
- Leaves; Garden Green and Evening Evergreen
I sponged the edges of the stamped piece with Coastal Cabana. The card stock layer is Bermuda Bay. Sentiments were stamped with Rich Razzleberry.Product List
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards and video! Have fun making your cards with this “Interlocking Gatefold”!
Take care & HAPPY STAMPING!