Hi Friends! Here is my August tutorial for the Leader’s Project Sheet Group that I belong too. It’s a simple layout but I was really pleased with how it turned out. I used the Colourful Seasons stamp set as well as the new Itty Bitty Greetings set. The Old Olive scalloped edge was run through the Big Shot with a new embossing folder called “Swirls & Curls”, which will be available in next month’s Holiday Catalogue!
1. Fold Cherry Cobbler card stock in half to create card base.
2. Ink leaf images from “Colorful Seasons” set to stamp along the right side of Crumb Cake card stock (I used the following ink pads: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive). Rub over stamped leaves with Embossing Buddy. Ink the stamp with the leaf ‘veins’ with versamark and stamp on top of previously stamp leaves. Shake on Gold Embossing Powder, removing excess; heat set.
3. Stamp sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings set with Early Espresso.
4. Run strip of Old Olive through the Big Shot using scallop edge die from “Seasonal Layers” Thinlits. Place cut piece inside “Swirls & Curls” embossing folder (available September 5th) and run through the Big Shot. Glue behind the Crumb Cake layer.
5. Wrap twine twice around Crumb Cake, securing in back. Adhere Crumb Cake layer to front of card. Add twine bow, securing with a glue dot.
6. Place three rhinestones below sentiment.
7. Mist with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (available September 5th)
*Available in the Holiday Catalogue, beginning September 5, 2018
It’s hard to see in the photos, but I also sprayed Champagne Shimmer Paint on the card. I stocked up on this paint when it retired and I am SO HAPPY Stampin’ Up! is bringing them back in the Holiday Catalogue.
To make shimmer spray:
mix a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in a bottle with
rubbing alcohol and shake well before each use. This adds the most
beautiful glimmer. Now that we’re going to be carrying this awesome
product again just know that 99% of ALL my cards and projects will be
sprayed with this sparkly concoction! I LOVE THIS STUFF. I wish you
could see how pretty the cards with the Shimmer Paint are in real life.
Trust me on this, you’ve got to get some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
with your September orders. This paint is a game changer for all your
cards and crafts and it’s comes with my personal guarantee that it will
make you HAPPY!
enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
BONUS “PASSPORT PALS” TUTORIALS
orders of $60 or more (prior to tax and shipping) will also receive the exclusive Passport Pals tutorials, created by Frenchie (France Martin) and
myself – that means you’ll receive 18 free project sheets!
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon!