Hello friends! Wow – I can’t believe the time that went by since my last post! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind with my catering for the Bluefin Tuna Charters (our last booking is Oct 11); canning the vegetables from our garden; and of course, we had an unwelcome visit from ‘Fiona’ that we had to prepare for and deal with. Fortunately, regarding the latter, we didn’t suffer too much damage.
Brian and I lost a few trees on our property and a deck wall flew off (which we’ve since fixed) but we had no power until this past weekend.
Thankfully, Brian and I have a wood stove and a generator and I had prepared quite a few meals ahead of the storm. The few gas stations that had power restored were running out of gas quicker than you could blink, so we were glad we had extra jugs on hand. I also kept the generator off during the days, when I didn’t really ‘need’ power and to reserve the gas.
We had terrible cell/phone service (if at all) and our internet was off more than it was on. Thankfully we’re fully back online as of this weekend. We have neighbours who STILL don’t have power, so we’re quite lucky to get ours back. As I write this, I can see the hydro trucks across the street working on the transformers. There are still thousands of people without power here in the Maritimes!
The devastation around our village and in town (Antigonish) is mind-blogging, with soooo many trees down. It could have been so much worse, had the winds gone in a different direction – a lot more would have fallen on homes and businesses. Having said that though, homes and farms were damaged and many people lost hundreds of dollars in groceries, sustained property damage, flooding, fire, etc. I saw on the news that a local maple farm had 20,000 trees and they lost HALF of them to the storm!
My heart sure goes out to so many who were not as fortunate as we were. I’m sure there will be more storms (and more intense than normal) on the horizon, with the sad state of our climate. Add to that the cost of groceries and everything that’s happening in the world, I tell ya, I just want to be PREPARED. This is one of the reasons I’ve been doing so much canning, including pressure canning, and dehydrating food the past year. It’s a good thing I enjoy it – it’s a LOT of work – but oh my goodness, it’s so worth it.
Let’s move on to some FUN STAMPING, shall we?
- Basic White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Old Olive: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Basic Black: 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Pacific Point: 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- DSP: 5 ¼” x 2”
- Scrap pieces of Real Red, Vellum and Basic Black
- Fold Basic White card stock in half to create card base.
- Run Old Olive card stock through hive embossing folder. Wrap ribbon around, securing in back, and glue to card front.
- Glue DSP strip to front of card.
- Use the circle dies to cut Basic Black, Pacific Point and Basic White card stock.
- Tap Cajun Craze ink pad to hive embossing folder and press the Basic White circle layer on top. Stamp sentiment with Black Memento.
- Glue circle layers together and place onto card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Ladybug Builder Punch to cut Basic Black, Real Red and Vellum card stock.
- Stamp dots onto wings. Glue punched pieces together and place on front of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Clear Wink of Stella to ladybug.
- Place rhinestones on card to finish.
- All order types qualify for this promotion (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online).
- Free shipping applies after the qualifying amount (per market) has been met.
- The minimum qualifying amount to receive free shipping is $75 USD | $100 CAD or more (before tax).
- Free shipping only applies during the 24-hour period the promotion is live in each market; this means that the order must be opened and closed on 4 October 2022.
- With the exception of month-to-month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions, all Stampin’ Up! products qualify for the promotion.
- Prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are eligible for FREE shipping under the same rules as all other Stampin’ Up! items during the promotion.
- Month-to-month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are NOT eligible for free shipping. Subscriptions billed and shipped this month will be charged for the normal amount ($23.50 USD | $32.50 CAD shipping included) + tax.
- Phone: 4 October; 6:50 p.m. (MT)
- OEX/Online: 4 October; 11:59 p.m. (MT)
Well, friends, I’d best get back to my ‘to-do’ list for the day. I’ll have more cards to share with you later this week.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!