Hi Friends! Earlier this month I was inspired by a card, created by fellow demonstrator Tammy Fite, to use as the card layout design in my Mystery Stamping Hour. Here’s Tammy’s card:
So pretty, right? I love how Tammy just incorporated two colours into this great layout. I also knew that this card design would work so nicely with lots of other stamp sets. I decided to use the “Measure of Love” stamp set for my card:
Here’s the supply list for my card:Product List
This card design was a hit with my Mystery Stamping group too and everyone’s cards were FABULOUS! If you’re not already in our group and would like to join in on the fun, visit my Serene Stamper page on FaceBook and click on the group button. We stamp every Friday at 1pm AST (except for last Friday, because I’m technically on vacation and went jeepin’ with my honey!).
· Stamp Sets – Butterfly Brilliance (155092), Itty Bitty Birthdays (148618)
· Card Stock – Basic White Thick (159229), Crushed Curry (131199), Misty Moonlight (153081), Basic
· Stamp Pads – Crushed Curry (147087), Misty Moonlight (153118)
· Misc. – Stitched Rectangles Dies (151820), Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder (152725), Stampin’
Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
· Whisper White Thick: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
· Crushed Curry: 5 ¼” x 2”
· Misty Moonlight: 1 3/8” x 3 3/8” (3); 2 5/8” x 5/8”
· Whisper White: 3 ¾” x 3 ¼” ; 1” x 2 ¾”
- On Whisper White, ink largest Butterfly image with Crushed Curry Classic Ink. Stamp several times to
create a collage.
- Do the same thing with the smallest butterfly image—this time, stamping in Misty Moonlight Classic Ink.
- Cut this piece into 3 pieces, each 1 ¼” x 3 ¼”. Adhere these to your Misty Moonlight pieces.
- Emboss the Crushed Curry piece using the Ornate Floral Embossing folder.
- Stamp your sentiment on the scrap of Whisper White, then cut out using the Stitched Rectangles Dies.
Adhere this to the smallest piece of Misty Moonlight.
- Adhere the Crushed Curry cardstock to the white cardbase – centered both vertically and horizontally.
- The three panels of stamped butterflies will be attached using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Hint: attach the
center panel first, ensuring it’s in the center of your card. Then adhere the left and right.
- Attach the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
***I cut my Butterfly Brilliance stamp into individual butterflies, which made this card much easier to stamp.
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards & tutorial. I’ll be back on Wednesday (I post Monday, Wednesday & Fridays, with some extra posts here and there too!). My garden is calling…..(I’m planting my veggies!)
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!