Monster Bash Suite Spotlight
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It’s time for a Spooktacular celebration! The Monster Bash Suite is sure to bring out all the ghoulish fun this Halloween. From treats to decor you’ll love creating with these frightfully fun designs. Top off the creepy fun with Coffin Treat Boxes or the “Open If You Dare Treat Bag” below. They are sure to make your favourite ghosts and goblins scream with delight!
I know this tutorial may be coming to you a little late – as Halloween is TODAY – but these little treat containers are too cute not to share with you. If you’re lovin’ this suite and don’t have it, it’s available in our current Holiday Catalogue, but then it’ll disappear forever once the catalogue ends. If you’ve already purchased the Monster Bash Suite then you still have time to whip up some of these creepy treats in time for the goblins visiting you tonight!
Open If You Dare Treat Bag
- Sponge Silvery Shimmer Delicata Ink onto Copper Dotted Treat Bag with a Stamping Sponge. Gently heat set the ink with the Heat Tool on low.
- Cut a 6″ and two 5″ pieces of the Basic Black Scalloped Edge Ribbon. Adhere ribbon strips across bag, about 1/3 from top edge and off right edge, with Tear & Tape.
- Rub Embossing Buddy over scrap Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Stamp “Open if you dare” image from Spooktacular Bash stamp set with VersaMark ink. Cover generously with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Tap off excess powder and emboss with Heat Tool.
- Die cut with coordinating Ornate Frames die.
- Die cut scrap Terracotta Tile cardstock with largest long narrow Ornate Frames die.
- Die cut two pieces from scroll pattern Monster Bash Designer Series Paper with ‘headstone’ shaped Ornate Frames die.
- Punch scrap Basic Black cardstock with 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, then emboss with Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder.
- Adhere a die cut ‘headstone’ shaped piece behind the top and bottom of the circle.
- Cut out four apothecary bottles from Monster Bash Designer Series Paper with Paper Snips. Adhere bottles to Terracotta Tile die cut frame starting at the left edge.
- Adhere “Open if you dare” tag to right edge of Terracotta Tile die cut frame with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere Terracotta Tile frame to layered circle with Glue Dots.
- Layer the whole tag to the bag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a headstone shaped Monster Bash Enamel Shape to top right of tag by the Pumpkin Pie greeting. Add 6 enamel dots to the bag, scattered to the lower left and top right of the tag.
- Fill bag with treats. Top off the bag with a couple of lightly crumpled pieces of the Crushed Curry and newsprint patterns of Monster Bash Designer Series Paper in place of the traditional tissue paper topper.