It’s easy to go nuts with the Nuts about Squirrels Stamp Set. This set features two cheeky squirrels that will look adorable scampering across any of your projects. Create a scene using the acorns, leaves, and tree branch. Mix and match the greetings with the images to create cards for birthdays, get well, and thinking of you. Use the Two-Step pieces to add color to your squirrel, add texture to your leaf, or to create a multicolored acorn. Or if you’re feeling especially artistic, you can color the squirrels using your favorite coloring techniques. No matter where you live in the world, you can customize these critters to match the fauna outside your house. Red, gray, brown—these creatures are just plain cute no matter their color.
This is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want.
I hope you enjoy today’s tutorial to make this adorable card!
“NUTS ABOUT SQUIRRELS”
- Blackberry Bliss:
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- 3-1/4” x 4-1/2”
- Blackberry Beauty Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock:
- 3” x 4-1/4”
- 4” x 5-1/4” (for inside card)
- 3” x 3” (scrap for stamping)
- Fold the Blackberry Bliss cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside your card.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Blackberry Beauty to the base card.
- Using the 3” x 4-1/4” Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the Squirrel with acorn outline image using Early Espresso ink. Stamp the “bold” squirrel image using Cinnamon Cider ink. Using the bold acorn images, ink the “top” of the acorn image using Early Espresso ink, tap off once on your scratch sheet and stamp onto acorn image. Ink the “bottom” of the acorn image using Cinnamon Cider ink; tap off the ink on your scratch paper and stamp into the acorn image.
- Stamp the branches towards the top of the Very Vanilla mat (see sample for placement) using Early Espresso ink.
- Ink up the bold leaf image using Cinnamon Cider ink, tap off on your scratch paper, and stamp onto branch. Repeat as desired.
- Ink up the “inside leave” image, ink in Early Espresso, tap off on your scratch paper and stamp inside one of the leaf images. Repeat as desired.
- Stamp the sentiment just to the left of the squirrel using Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla cardstock to the Blackberry Bliss mat and adhere to the base card using adhesive.
- Using your 3” square of scrap Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the squirrel outline image using Early Espresso ink. Stamp the bold Squirrel image using Cinnamon Cider ink and stamp onto outline image.
- Fussy cut out the squirrel using your Paper Snips Scissors. Adhere to the base card onto the branch using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- StampSets– Nuts About Squirrels Stamp Set (156475)
- CardStock– Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650); Blackberry Bliss (133675); Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper (156458)
- Stamp Pads – Blackberry Bliss (147092); Cinnamon Cider (153114); Early Espresso (147114)
- Misc. – Paper Trimmer (152392); Paper Snip Scissors (103579); Bone Folder (102300); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!