Hi Friends! The card I’m sharing with you today uses the “Ornamental Envelopes” bundle. To be honest, though I liked this bundle when I first saw it in our mini catalogue, I hummed and hawed over whether or not I ought to order it. Well, I did and guess what? I LOVE it. The images are so much fun to work with and the dies are phenomenal, especially for our envelopes! Here are some samples:
The first card I made with this bundle is the card that I’m sharing with you today. I wanted to use fun ‘retro’ colours so I went with Granny Apple Green, Real Red and Bermuda Bay.
What a cool little colour combo, hey?
- I first stamped the ornaments onto Whisper White card stock using Versamark ink and then embossed in white.
- Next, I sponged on Bermuda Blue and Real Red inks, wiping off the residue with a paper towel (this is the emboss resist technique).
- I used the coordinating dies to cut the ornaments and set them aside.
- I stamped the ornaments again, onto another Whisper White card stock layer. I just used a Basic Black marker for the dotted lines. Then I took the negative ornament die cut to use as a stencil so that I could sponge the ornament circles. My this just added a nice little outline behind the die cuts.
- I glued the ornament dies cuts on top, stamped the corners and sentiment.
- A little ribbon and some embellishments finished off the card nicely!
The sentiment that I used on today’s card is from the “Itty Bitty Christmas” set. This stamp set has been around for a while now but lemme tell ya, I’ve used it a TON. It’s a classic holiday set to have in your collection because it’s ideal for cards, tags, gifts and covers the gamut with all the different sayings.
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TUTORIALS!
- All online orders will receive a hand-stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your mailing address) and 12 stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as a token of my appreciation for your order! Please note: these tutorials are emailed out approx. the 15th of each month.
- At the end of each month, everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a free stamp set of their choice! The winner is chosen via random.org. Your name is entered for every order placed during the month (ie: two orders= two entries)
Simply enter this month’s special host code prior to submitting your order through my website:
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the host code so that you will also receive your stamping rewards – I will still send you the PDF tutorials.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!