Hi Friends! I hope you had a nice weekend! I’ve actually been away for almost two weeks, to be with my family (in Comox, British Columbia). My grandmother passed away August 7th at 94 – she had a wonderful and long life, sharp as a tack and still baking up a storm, right up until the week before she died. Grandma and my dad were super close, so I was glad that I could be home to offer my love and support. Grandma lived with my Dad and his wife for the last four years, so it’s sure going to take some time for them to get used to Grandma not being there.
On the flip side of the sadness, it was nice to be with my friends and family and be back in my home town for a bit. I even celebrated my birthday while there, the first birthday home in about 15 years! I flew back to Nova Scotia on Friday and I’m ready to get back into work and my routine (despite the jet lag with the 4 hours time difference!).
This morning I stamped a couple of cards (I love starting my day off with fresh coffee and some quiet creative time). I used the Painted Harvest & Detailed with Love stamp sets – both cards took no time at all to make and I used one of my favourite layouts for the design.
- Cut Cherry Cobbler card stock to measure 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and fold in half for card base.
- Cut a strip of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ and glue to front of card.
- Cut Whisper White card stock 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″. Stamp sentiment in centre with Black Memento ink.
- Ink flower image from Painted Harvest set with Pumpkin Pie and stamp onto card stock. Repeat with Crushed Curry and Soft Suede. Use the second flower image to stamp the detail with Cajun Craze (on the Pumpkin Pie flowers); Cherry Cobbler (on the Soft Suede flower) and Pumpkin Pie (on the Crushed Curry Flower).
- Stamp centre of flowers with Soft Suede ink. Add the dots with Early Espresso.
- Stamp detailed leaf image with Mossy Meadow ink. Use Old Olive ink to stamp the bold leaf image on top.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add Whisper White layer to front of card.
- Run a piece of Basic Black card stock through the Big Shot with Dragonfly die. Glue to card.
- Add rhinestones to dragonfly.
Frenchie and I have been working on something special and can’t wait to
share it with everyone! Until then, have a FABULOUS MONDAY my friends!
Customer Appreciation Tutorials
enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
BONUS “PASSPORT PALS” TUTORIALS
orders of $60 or more (prior to tax and shipping) will also receive the exclusive Passport Pals tutorials, created by Frenchie (France Martin) and
myself – that means you’ll receive 18 free project sheets!
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon!