One of the saddest cards to make is for someone who’s beloved pet has passed away. Today a friend of mine is going through the hurt and grief of losing one of their furry family members. I absolutely understand the heartbreak – it’s the worst. My fur-babies mean the WORLD to me and, as I wasn’t able to have children myself, I suspect that could be one of the reasons why my dogs (and three cats) are so important to me. They give me a reason to be a ‘mom’ and the unconditional LOVE and bond we have is such a gift. Fortunately, my partner has two daughters, so when we got together I always told him that he was a perfect ‘package’ deal, as I always wanted a family! His girls are both grown and on their own now AND we also have two adorable grand-daughters (1 and 2 years old), which is pretty darn awesome! I feel quite blessed to have this man and his girls AND my fur-babies too – family is EVERYTHING, right?
In 2010 my dog Jake passed away – he was 13 years old – and it was hands-down one of the WORST days of my life. He was truly like a son to me and he helped me get through some tough times.
Having Jake by my side was such a blessing – we went on many travels, hikes, runs, a few moves including across the country, and he was ALWAYS by my side.
As Jake got older he developed a brain tumour and I had to make the HARD (but loving) choice to put him to sleep – there was NO WAY I was going to let him suffer. Unfortunately, my dear friend has just gone through the same thing, only it was cancer that her dog had, and yesterday she had to have him put to sleep. I know her heart is shattered. The first thing I did today was make her a card so that I can pop it in tomorrow’s mail. The sympathy cards that I received when Jake passed away really touched my heart – in fact, I still have them all these years later. It’s been ten years since Jake passed away and I still miss him terribly. I wish I could give my friend a great, big HUG, but alas, my card will hopefully let her know how much I care.
- Basic Black card base: 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Crumb Cake 5 1/4″ x 4″: stamped with Birch image using Crumb Cake ink, adhered to card base.
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper: 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Heart cut from Real Red card stock and “Be Mine Stitched Dies”
- I used the Stamparatus to stamp the dog image onto Crumb Cake card stock. I used my water painters and ink pads to colour and zapped with heat tool to dry. I put the stamped piece back into the Stamparatus and stamped the dog again, inking first with Versamark and then Crumb Cake and embossed with clear powder.
Inside of card:
- Crumb Cake cardstock layer: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White layer: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- I added two strips of DSP – 1/2″ x 5″ – along each side
- The sentiment is from an older Paper Pumpkin set, which I stamped in Crumb Cake and added Real Red marker to the word ‘love’.
After writing this post, I’m going to give Rosey & Cooper a great big KISS & HUG!
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TUTORIALS!
- All online orders will receive a hand-stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your mailing address) and 12 stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as a token of my appreciation for your order! Please note: these tutorials are emailed out approx. the 15th of each month.
- At the end of each month, everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a free stamp set of their choice! The winner is chosen via random.org. Your name is entered for every order placed during the month (ie: two orders= two entries)
Simply enter this month’s special host code prior to submitting your order through my website:
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the host code so that you will also receive your stamping rewards – I will still send you the PDF tutorials.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!