Hi Friends! HAPPY FRIDAY! After being away for most of August, I was very happy today to host my “Mystery Stamping Hour” on FaceBook again! I’ve sure missed stamping with all my friends and seeing everyone’s cards! If you’re not already in my “Mystery Stamping Hour with Tina” group and would like to join in on the fun, simply scoot on over to my Serene Stamper page on FaceBook and click on the “group” button and I’ll be glad to add you!
Today’s card was a fun fold and I used the “Peaceful Deer Bundle”, which I just love:
The card I made today was inspired by Susan Campfield, for our Leader’s Project Sheet Group:
Isn’t Susan’s card great? Click HERE for her tutorial. As I wanted to use the Peaceful Deer stamp set and punch for my card, I tweaked some of the measurements a bit to allow for the size of the deer.
- Basic Black: 4 ¼” x 5 ½”; 2 ¾” x 4”; 3 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Basic White: 3” x 2” ; 2 ½” x 3 ¾”; 2 ¾” x 4”
- Crumb Cake: 4 ¼” x 9” scored at 3” and 6”
- DSP: two @ 2 ¾” x 4
- Fold along the creases of the Crumb Cake card stock and fold accordion style. Glue to centre of 4 ¼” x 5 ¼” Basic Black card stock layer.
- Glue 4” x 2 ¾” red/snowflake pattern Designer Series Paper to front flap.
- Glue 2” x 3” Basic White card stock to the 2 ¼” x 3 ¼” Basic Black card stock. Glue this piece to the front flap.
- Stamp deer with Crumb Cake card stock, using Stamparatus. Use Black Marker to colour eye and nose and cut deer with coordinating punch. Place on front of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Stamp “Let’s celebrate” sentiment with Real Red ink pad.
- Glue 2 ½” x 3 ¾” Basic White card stock to 2 ¾” x 4” Basic Black card stock and adhere to middle panel. Stamp “Sending love & peace this season” with Real Red ink pad.
- Cut Crumb Cake pattern Designer Series Paper 2 ½” x 3 ¾” and glue to Basic White card stock that measures 2 ¾” x 4” and adhere to bottom panel. Stamp “It’s the best time of the year” sentiment with Real Red ink pad.
- Stamp Sets – Peaceful Deer Bundle (156391)
- Card Stock – Basic Black (121045); Basic White (159276): Crumb Cake (120953)
- Stamp Pads – Real Red (147084)
- Misc. – Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper DSP (156628); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (100082)
I hope to have a new video for you soon…however, I’ve been crazy busy canning all the veggies from my garden! The last few days I’ve been picking tons of goodness (zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, potatoes, beets, carrots, watermelon and squash) – I’m running out of bowls and counter space! LOL
Yesterday I spent the entire day (and most of last night) in the kitchen making salsa and tomato sauce. While it’s time-consuming, nothing beats the taste of homemade canning and I know I’ll appreciate it during the winter months! This weekend I’ll be making pickles, relish and chutney. Right now I have Sungold cherry tomatoes (with garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and a few other herbs) roasting in the oven, which I’ll preserve in olive oil; and fresh bread just came out of the oven. I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing my house smells right now! On that note, I best get back at it….cucumbers and zucchinis are callin’ my name!
Enjoy the long weekend, stay well, and HAPPY STAMPING!