Hi Friends! I hope you had a great weekend! This past Friday night I introduced Stampin’ Up! and card making to a group of wonderful ladies at a workshop. My fabulous hostess, Kim, invited more than 10 of her friends and family, and most all had never heard of stamping. I could tell as everyone arrived that they weren’t quite sure what the evening would hold for them. Well, they all LOVED it! Not only did we have a wonderful time creating together but we also have plans for monthly classes! I’m super excited to see everyone again and show them more stamping and techniques – we’re going to have so much fun!
During Kim’s workshop, I demonstrated three cards. I forgot to
take photos of the first two cards, but the first card was a simple one,
using just stamps, ink and paper. I used the “This Little Piggy” set
and just stamped one of the adorable pigs on the centre of a Whisper
White card base and demonstrated the different ways we can add colour
(inks, blender pen, aqua painter and watercolor pencils). The ladies
couldn’t believe how something so simple could look so professional! I
had another piggy card to show, that I stepped up a bit with some card
layers and Dazzling Diamonds (on the wings of the pig).
See that gal with the blonde hair and beautiful smile in the back? That’s Kim, my hostess! She’s amazing and I’m so grateful to have met her and all her workshop guests. I know there are going to be some wonderful friendships through this group, as we continue to stamp and create together!
For the second card, I stamped the flowers from the “Painted Harvest”
stamp set onto a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. Two-step
stamp sets (my favourites) are always a hit and this set is no exception
– everyone loved how the detail was added with the second flower stamp.
If I have a chance, I’ll try to whip up a sample of this card and post
it on my blog later this week for you.
Here’s the make & take card, with the supply list and basic instructions:
- Fold 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Old Olive card stock in half to create card base.
- Glue 1″ x 5 1/2″ strip of Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper along centre of card.
- Cut Melon Mambo 4″ x 2 3/4″ and glue onto front of card with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Whisper White 4″ x 2 1/2″. Stamp sentiments from Perennial Birthday set with Night of Navy ink, leaving room in the centre for flowers and leaves. Glue onto Melon Mambo layer.
- Ink flower image from Pop of Petals set with Melon Mambo and stamp three times onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock (I didn’t re-ink in between stamping, to get the gradual look with the lighter shades of ink). Cut with Four Petal Punch and add to card with Glue Dots.
- Ink leave stamp with Old Olive and stamp three times on a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock and cut with Paper Snips. Add to front of card with mini glue dots.
- Place pearls in centre of card.
enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
BONUS “PASSPORT PALS” TUTORIALS
orders of $60 or more (prior to tax and shipping) will also receive the exclusive Passport Pals tutorials, created by Frenchie (France Martin) and
myself – that means you’ll receive 18 free project sheets!
If you live in the USA, click here to visit Frenchie on her to blog
and here to shop through her online store.
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon!