Hi Friends! This morning I made a card for one of my best friends who’s father recently passed away. She and I have been friends for over forty years (cripes that makes me feel OLD). Karen and I have many good memories of times spent at her home with her parents. One particular memory is when Karen and I decided to make milkshakes while her Dad was cooking his famous fish and chips for our supper. Either Karen or I – neither one of us can remember who – didn’t put the lid on the blender (or at least not properly) and when we turned it on milkshake went EVERYWHERE. Including on her dad! Oh my gosh. He was an easy-going guy, thank goodness, so we didn’t get into trouble. We just had to clean the mess, obviously! My heart is sad for Karen now that her dad has passed and despite all the distance between us (she lives in Alberta) I want her to know how much I care. And she knows. But a card in the mail will certainly give her a little ‘paper hug’ too.
Here’s how I made Karen’s card:
- My Pretty Peacock card base measures 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ when folded.
- I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to measure 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- I used Old Olive & Pretty Peacock ink pads to apply ink to Clear Block H. Next, I spritzed the block with water and stamped directly onto the Whisper White layer. To see an example of this technique, check out this video here.
- I then used the Water Painter to add a few splatters of water to the inked layer. I used the Heat Tool to dry the paper.
- The Queen Anne’s Lace image was inked with versamark and embossed in gold.
- I used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment with Pretty Peacock ink (re-stamped a second time for a darker image).
- The gold bow and a spritz of Champagne Shimmer Mist paint finished the card.
For the inside of the card I also added a sentiment from a Paper Pumpkin stamp set, embossed in gold:
I also stamped the envelope to match the card, with a “Thinking of You” stamped on the back. The gold embossing on the front of envelope really adds a little ‘something special’, don’t you think?
I hope you enjoyed today’s card, despite it being for a sad occasion. The “Queen Anne’s Lace” stamp set is one of two FREE stamp sets in our starter kit this month! You can check it out here.
I’ve got to scoot into town now, as I have a charter to cook for, and I need some seafood to make my chowder. After that, I hope to work on another video for you today and have it ready for you this weekend!
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TUTORIALS!
- All online orders will receive a hand-stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your mailing address) and 12 stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as a token of my appreciation for your order! Please note: these tutorials are emailed out approx. the 15th of each month.
- At the end of each month, everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a free stamp set of their choice! Winner is chosen via random.org. Your name is entered for every order placed during the month (ie: two orders= two entries)
Simply enter this month’s special host code prior to submitting your order through my website:
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the host code so that you will also receive your stamping rewards – I will still send you the PDF tutorials.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!