Hi Friends! Today’s card is a simple design that I think is really pretty. By changing up the colours you could create a whole set of birthday cards and give as a gift!
- I inked up the “Happy Birthday” first with Versamark and then directly into the Black Memento. I did this because I wanted it embossed in clear black, but I ran out of Black Embossing Powder. By inking a stamp first with Versamark and then another ink pad on top you’re able to emboss it with Clear Powder. This is super cool because now you can clear emboss with any ink colour you want!
- To curl the White Baker’s Twine I simply ran my scissors (closed) across it a few times, as you would for the ribbon on a present.
- A light mist of Champagne Shimmer Mist paint (mixed with 70% rubbing alcohol) adds some extra shazam to this card!
- This card layout is a great design in both portrait and landscape direction.
- Lemon Lime Twist Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic Black Layer: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Gingham Gala DSP: 4 7/8″ x 3 1/4″
- Whisper White Layer: 3″ x 2 1/4″
- Basic Mat Layer (for sentiment): 3 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Banners: 1″ x 2″
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you were inspired by today’s project and that you’ll visit again soon!