Hi Friends! Do you ever purchase Stampin’ Up! products and then don’t use them? “What???!” You do? Egads. Well, truth be told, sometimes that happens to me too. It’s a sad, sad thing. 😉 So I am making it my mission to USE my ‘neglected’ items and give them some love (and get my money’s worth out of them too!). Today’s lonely product was the “Thanks & Hello” embossing folder.
These are actually really FUN folders to play with! I used my ink pads and blending brushes to add a pop of colour and to make the raised words show up more. I combined die cuts from the “Quiet Meadow Bundle” and I am so pleased with how the finished card turned out! Here’s my tutorial for you:
Quiet Meadow Thanks Card
- StampSets– Quiet Meadow Bundle (English) 
- CardStock– Basic White , Polished Pink , Basic Black  , Pale Papaya  , Pattern Party 12″ X 12″ Host Designer Series Paper 
- Stamp Pads – In Color 2019-2021 Classic Stampin’ Pads 
- Misc. – Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush  , Rhinestone Basic Jewels  , Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine  , Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack  , Multipurpose Liquid Glue  , Mini Glue Dots  , Blending Brushes  , Thanks & Hello Embossing Folders 
- Basic White: 11” x 4 ¼” , 3 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Pattern Party Designer Series Paper: ¾” x 5 ½: (two pieces)
- Polished Pink: 4” x 5 ½”
- Basic Black: scrap piece for die cuts
- Score 11” x 4 ¼” Basic White card stock at 5 ½” and fold to create card base.
- Place 3 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of Basic White card stock inside “Thanks & Hello” embossing folder and run through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Use Blending Brushes with 2021-2023 In Colour ink pads to add color over embossed card stock.
- Wrap white baker’s twine around embossed card stock, securing in back.
- Glue Designer Series Paper strips to top and bottom of embossed layer and adhere to Polished Pink card stock.
- Cut a scrap piece of Basic Black card stock with Meadow Dies and glue to front of embossed card stock, trimming off the ends. Glue to card front.
- Add a white ribbon bow to die cut flowers, securing into place with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Cut a scrap piece of Pale Papaya card stock with tiny label die. Stamp “Love” with Polished Pink Ink Pad. Place on top of bow, securing in place with a mini glue dot. Add a smaller bow on top of the label.
- Place rhinestones onto die cut flowers.
- Add Clear Wink of Stella to the embossed ‘thanks’ to finish card.
I am so glad that I pulled out the “Thanks & Hello” embossing folder and finally gave it some love! I know that I’ll be using it a lot more now too. I encourage you to wipe the dust off some of your unused products and have some FUN playing with them! I’m sure that you’ll come up with some wonderful cards and projects!
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!