Hi Friends! Today’s card uses a technique that’s not only an oldie but a goodie, but it’s also one of my all time favourites. “Markers direct to stamps” – so easy but sooooo pretty too! I chose the “Ranunculus Romance” stamp set for today’s card, as well as the “Peaceful Moments” for the sentiment.
This card is actually for Brian’s cousin, as his aunt, sadly, passed away a couple of days ago. We are so grateful to have had the chance to visit during our wedding, which his Aunt exclaimed was MORE BEAUTIFUL than any of the royal weddings! Bless her heart & dear soul.
Another technique that I used on this card (if you can even call it that) that’s an oldie but also a goodie is “Sponging” ink around the edges of the card stock. The colours were kept to a minimum – Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green and Basic Grey.
I hope that you enjoy today’s quick & easy card tutorial!
- Basic Gray – 4 ¼” x 11”, 4” x 1 ¾”, 2” x 2”
- Basic White – 4” x 5 ½”, 1 5/8” x 3 ¾”, 1 ½” x 1 ½”
- Fold Basic Gray card stock in half to create card base.
- Ink roses on stamp image first using Rich Razzleberry marker and then add a bit of Blackberry Bliss marker. Use Garden Green marker directly to the stems and leaves. Lightly ‘huff’ on your stamp to remoisten any ink and stamp onto 4” x 5 ½” Basic White card stock. Repeat two more times, reinking before stamping. Ink and stamp the same way with the same image onto the 1 5/8” x 3 ¾” Basic White card stock.
- Apply Crumb Cake ink to edges of Basic White card stock using Sponge Dauber.
- Stamp the background images with Crumb Cake ink pad, stamp onto scrap paper first so that the ink isn’t so dark.
- Wrap linen thread around Basic White layer, securing in the back. Glue to card base.
- Glue the 1 ¾” x 4” Basic Gray card stock behind the 1 5/8” x 1 ¾” stamped white layer. Glue onto card front.
- Stamp sentiment with Basic Gray ink onto 1 ½” x 1 ½” Basic White and cut with circle die. Sponge edge with Crumb Cake ink.
- Cut 2” x 2” Basic Gray card stock with circle die and glue behind the sentiment. Place onto card with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Place scrap piece of Basic White card stock onto stamparatus. Position Butterfly stamp and stamp using Basic Gray ink pad. Clean stamp and repeat using Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss markers. Use Blender Pen to pull ink into the wings. Cut with die and place onto card with Mini Glue Dot. Add a pearl to bdy of butterfly.
- Finish card by adding a linen thread bow.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!