Hi Friends. I wish I was “Covered in Sunshine”! We are experiencing our first snowstorm of the season and it’s a doozy. We’ve been losing power off and on all day long, so I’m going to keep this post short and sweet!
Yesterday I received my preorder from the 2023 Mini Catalogue and Saleabration and I decided to have a play with some of my new goodies this morning. It’s quite handy having my desk next to my window, so that I can still stamp without power or having to put the generator on.
The first card that I made used a new stamp set called “Covered in Sunshine” and it just begs for the ‘chalkboard technique’. This technique is an oldie but a goodie! If it’s a technique new to you, I’ve got a video demonstration from a couple of years ago that you may enjoy:
The card I made today also features the new “Love You Bundle” and some beautiful new Designer Series Paper and twine. The new products will be available on January 5th. This card is also my project sheet for this month’s Leader’s Group. I really enjoyed making this!!
- Stamps: Love for You Bundle , Covered in Sunshine 
- Card Stock: Basic Black , Basic White 
- Stamp Pads: Melon Mambo , Merry Merlot , Pale Papaya , Calypso Coral , Highland Heather , Gorgeous Grape , Craft White , Pear Pizzazz , Shaded Spruce 
- Misc: Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powders (155554); Heat Tool (129053); Paper Snips (103579); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Clear Wink of Stella , Basic Pearls , Three Twine Combo Pack , Mini Glue Dots , Dainty Flowers 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper (Saleabration 2023) , Stamparatus 
- Basic Black: 4 ¼” x 11” , 3” x 4 ¼”
- Dainty Flowers DSP: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Basic White: scrap piece for die cuts
- Fold the Basic Black cardstock in half to form card base.
- Glue Designer Series Paper to front of card.
- Place 3” x 4 ¼” Basic Black card stock onto stamparatus. Wipe with Embossing Buddy. Position stamp, close lid to pick up, and stamp with Craft white ink pad.
- Emboss stamped image with white powder.
- Use finger (or blender brush) to wipe some white craft ink across the stamped image. Glue onto front of card.
- Stamp flowers and leaves onto Basic White card stock, using the stamparatus to line up the base images, then the detail stamp images. Ink colour combos used: Pale Papaya with Calypso Coral; Highland Heather with Gorgeous Grape; Melon Mambo with Merry Merlot; and for the leaves, Pear Pizzazz with Shaded Spruce. Cut with coordinating dies and adhere to front of card using Stampin’ Dimesionals and glue.
- Splatter Clear Wink of Stella onto card by gently squeezing and tapping off of finger.
- Make a bow from twine and positon in place on card using Mini Glue Dot.
- Place pearls in centre of flowers to finish card.
Don’t forget to get your favourite retiring products before they’re gone.
I’m STILL finding things I want to get too, so that I don’t regret missing out on them. To see what’s on the Last Chance list, click HERE.
Have a wonderful day & HAPPY STAMPING!