Hi Friends! Well, I’m back home and finally getting into my regular routine! Our wedding on August 20th was absolute PERFECTION. Two days later Brian and I were on the plane to Comox, BC so that we could spend a quick week visiting and celebrating with friends and family back home.
Our plan was to fly back to NS last Wednesday, but those plans changed when I bought a new (to me) Nissan Infinity! We ended up leaving BC a couple days earlier and DROVE across Canada! Talk about an impromptu adventure!
Brian and I arrived home on Saturday and the last few days have been busy unpacking, laundry, cutting the lawn, harvesting our garden and cooking for a tuna charter! Whew!
I will send out a newsletter with wedding photos and some pictures from our journey the first chance I get (or you check them out on my Serene Stampers FB page).
I also have lots of cards to share with you soon, as well as details on this month’s special class that I’m working on. Until then, I’m sharing a lovely card with you today, created by my dear friend, Lee Conrey:
- Stamp Sets – Soft Seedlings Stamp Set(159905)
- Card Stock –Basic White (159276); Crushed Curry (131199); Cajun Craze (119684)
- Stamp Pads – Cajun Craze (147085); Crushed Curry (147087) (102283); Old Olive (147090); Garden Green (147089); Blender Pen (102845)
- Misc. – Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220) colored with a Dark Cajun Craze Blend (154879); Linen Thread (104199); Sponge Daubers; Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Crushed Curry: 4 ¼ x 11”
- Cajun Craze: 3 ½” x 4 ¾”
- Basic White: 3 3/8” x 4 5/8” & 4’ x 5 ¼” (inside of card))
- Stamp the outside Perimeter with the seedling stamp. Stamp in Crushed Curry on Crushed Curry Card Base
- Add color using your sponge daubers to the large leaf stamp. Dauber the lighter colors in the center and outward and a hint of Cajun Craze on the tips of the leaves and seedlings. Make sure to do the Garden Green or Old Olive for the stems. Huff (heavy breath onto your stamp to remoisten the ink) and stamp image on white mat. Also stamp the Greeting with Cajun Craze. Use a blending pen to spread color of the stems a bit.
- Attach image piece to Cajun Craze Mat and attach to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using 2-3 strands of Linen Thread tie a bow and adhere to just under the leaf with a glue dot.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!