Hi Friends! Wow, is this week flying by, or what? At least it is for me! Yesterday I started working on this month’s card class, as well as my next video (which will feature our Stampin’ Ink Refills). However, I ended up taking the afternoon off to cut our lawn and clean up my flower beds and vegetable garden, as we’re due for rain today through the next couple of weeks.
I LOVE cutting our lawn! We have a couple of acres, so we have a ride-on mower; mowing the lawn is actually a relaxing chore for me – and it looks so nice when it’s all done!
Today I am busy in the kitchen, making meals for our next two tuna charters. So far I’ve got a lasagne and dinner rolls ready to go into the oven and Shepherd’s Pie is up next. There’s nothing better than the smell of lasagne and bread baking, right?
I should be able to finish filming and editing my video later this afternoon. Hopefully, my video will be up on my YouTube channel for you tonight or tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I have a beautiful card tutorial to share with you – enjoy!
“Sparkle of the Season” Christmas Card
- Old Olive card base:5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” then folded on the crease with the Bone Folder, 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” (2)
- Basic White: 2-3/4” x 5-1/2”, 1-1/4” 4”
- Real Red: 3” x 5-1/2”, 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”, scraps for berries
- Designer Series Paper: 1” x 5-1/2” (2)
- Linen Thread: 10”
- Adhere DSP to card base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamp Candy Canes onto Basic White with Real Red ink then adhere to Real Red cardstock then adhere to Real Red cardstock with Stampin’ Seal then adhere to Old Olive card base.
- Stamp sentiment onto Basic White strip with Real Red ink. Die cut sentiment using the longer label die from Seasonal Swirls Dies then trim ends with Paper Trimmer so piece is 3-1/4” long.
- Die cut two wreaths from Old Olive cardstock and one strip of berries from Real Red cardstock.
- Die cut circle out of Real Red cardstock.
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere one wreath on top of Real Red circle then adhere second wreath so it overlaps askew to simulate a more full wreath. Attach the whole piece to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach sentiment with two Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie small bow with Linen Thread and a dot of Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Dot wreath in several spots and adhere red berries to some areas. Using the Take Your Pick tool, lift silver sequins from their jar and adhere to remaining glue dot areas. Let dry.
- Stamp sets: Sparkle of the Season (156518) or bundled with the Seasonal Swirls Dies at a discount (156765) and Candy Canes (156373)
- Cardstock and paper: Old Olive (100702), Real Red (102482), Basic White (159276), Gingerbread & Peppermint 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper or “DSP” (156313)
- Ink: Real Red (147084)
- Miscellaneous: Seasonal Swirls Dies (156564) or bundled with the Sparkle of the Season stamp set at a discount (156765), Layering Circles Dies (151770), Subtle Shimmer Sequins (156407), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Take Your Pick (144107), Paper Trimmer (152392), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Bone Folder (102300), Paper Snips (103579)
Have a wonderful day, friends, and HAPPY STAMPING!