Hi Friends! If you’re a regular follower of my blog (of which I am most grateful!) then you know I had my monthly “Wine & Craft” with my girlfriends this past weekend.
The pinterest craft we chose to create was a mug decorated with Sharpie markers. We had a ball making these and of course, everyone’s mugs came out totally different and unique. The first mug I made was all free-hand, with some of my favourite quotes about creativity:
Need some good quotes about creativity? Here are some my favourites that I wrote on my mug:
- Being creative is not a hobby – it is a way of life.
- Creativity sets you free.
- Art washes away from the soul the dust of every day life. ~ Pablo Picasso
- Love your life.
- We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~ Bob Ross
- When you have inspired thought you have to act on it – you have to do it.
- Look for the dream that keeps coming back….it is your destiny.
- Art can change your life.
- Fill your thoughts with what you want to create, and you will have it. ~ Sanya Roman
- Just BE. (That’s just one of my own fav. sayings)
- Take a fearless journey into the Heart of Creativity.
Next, I grabbed my stamps and Stazon ink pad and went to town. I used the new “So Very Grateful” and “Quite the Pair” stamp sets:
|So Very Grateful|
|Quite the Pair
my current followers and add yourself if you’re not and (2) leave a
comment below this post with your suggestion of a Stampin’ Up! stamp set
you’d chose to use on mug. That’s it! I’ll use random.org to pick a
winner. Contest ends March 3, 2014 and I’ll announce the winner March
Enjoy the day and HAPPY STAMPING!
Susan Hurley-Luke says
I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing it. I think I would use Papillon Potpourri to make some mugs but I do love the sets you used as well. (PS: Please don't enter me in the comp 🙂 I live in Australia and postage would be too high to send me a mug!)
You are so amazing. Good job on the cups/wine glasses and video. TFS
So pretty! I would love to win one of your flower mugs. So beautifully done! Gosh…these would make such awesome presents for any occasion! Valentines mugs, wedding Mr & Mrs wine glasses, Christmas, oh goodness, New Year's. Great project and thank you so much for teaching and sharing with us! Lynn G.
I can't wait to try this! I have tried every dollar store within 15 miles of my home looking for cheap mugs, I will be using the creative elements. Thanks for a wonderful idea.
SO fun! Where do I find mugs like this?
Tina Zinck says
Hi R! I just got them at our local $1 store. HAPPY STAMPING!