Hi Friends! Every month I create a card tutorial for our “Leader’s Project Sheet Group” and I decided for April’s card I’d use the “Sweet Strawberry” & “Very Versailles” stamp sets:
This is a layout that I keep coming back to time and time again. It’s super versatile and you can change the stamped banner for Designer Series Paper, switch the embossing folder for a different one and of course, change up the colours and stamps. No matter what you choose, this card design will surely turn out beautifully! I also love the decorative edges on the banner, which I created using the “Ornate Layer Dies”:
All of the products that I used on this card are being carried over into our new annual catalogue!
- Cherry Cobbler: 11” x 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 5” x 2”
- Crushed Curry: scrap piece for label
- Sahara Sand: 5 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Score Cherry Cobbler card stock at 5 ½” and fold for card base. Place front inside the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder and run through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp strawberry outline image onto Basic White card stock with Cherry Cobbler. Use Real Red ink pad for second strawberry stamp. Repeat with leaves used Garden Green and Shaded Spruce ink pads.
- Stamp flower outline with Crushed Curry ink. Repeat with the second flower stamp, stamping off first, for a softer look and to keep the flower outline darker.
- Stamp the script image from Very Versailles set using Sahara Sand Ink Pad.
- Use Paper Snips to flag the stamped white piece.
- Cut Sahrara Sand card stock with Ornate Layer die. Cut in half and glue behind the stamped banner. Trim excess as needed. Glue to card front.
- Ink frame image from Very Versailles stamp set with Sahara Sand and stamp onto Crushed Curry card stock. Cut and place onto banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut three flowers from scrap piece of Basic White card stock using the Strawberry Builder Punch. Lightly mist each flower with water, crumple and open up a bit. Let dry. Once flowers are dry, stack them on top of each other, using Liquid Glue to keep the flowers in place. Glue to front of card and place a large rhinestone in the center.
- Stamp sentiment with Sahara Ink Pad onto scrap piece of Basic White card stock. Trim and glue to card.
To save and/or print today’s card tutorial, click on the button below:
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!