Hi Friends! Last week I stamped some cards for members in my “Serene Stampers” team who are celebrating anniversaries with Stampin’ Up! this month. My card design was inspired by one made by my friend and fellow SU demonstrator, Alison Solven. I love how we can take a design and tweak it – or simply CASE it the same as the original. Here are my cards, with my little spin on the original design:
To say that these cards were FUN to make is an understatement! Oh my goodness – I had a blast making these! Some of my cards have bows, and some don’t, as I thought they weren’t really needed. You’ll also notice each card is a bit different than the rest – nothing like a bit of variety when you’re crafting, right?
As I was making these cards I couldn’t help but imagine all the variety of uses I’ll have with the “Taco Fiesta” stamp set! Imagine using these stamps on recipe cards & in your recipe books/journals! These images are also ideal for tags to go along with homemade taco seasonings for gift-giving!
For those of us who scrapbook, this set is a MUST-HAVE for anything with a “MEXICO” theme! Memory pages with photos of Mexican dinners with friends and family, vacations or a girl’s getaway weekend, like the one my BFF and I had this past winter, will look amazing with this stamp set!
I seriously can’t wait to make a scrapbook album for mine & Shallon’s “Mexican” weekend! We made all kinds of Mexican snacks and meals, and of course, drinks.
The “Taco Fiesta” stamp set is going to work PERFECTLY with the photos from our Mexican-themed weekend! And yes, we wore our little hats from the time we got up and through to bedtime. We’re a bit crazy and goofy that way, but we sure know how to have a good time and make FUN memories!
Here is the “Taco Fiesta” card created by Alison:
Is this CUTE or what?! I love how the “Sweet Citrus” embossing folder works so well with the “Taco Fiesta” stamp set!
Taco Fiesta Card Tutorial
- Sweet Sorbet: 5 ½” x 8 ½”; scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic Black: 5 ¼” x 4”; ¾” x 1 ¾”
- Basic White: 5” x 3 ¾”
- Granny Apple Green: 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Fold Sweet Sorbet on score line to create card base.
- Glue Basic Black to the front of the card.
- Emboss the Basic White using the Sweet Citrus Hybrid Embossing Folder and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the embossed piece to the Basic Black layer.
- Punch out a circle from the Granny Apple Green using the Decorative Circle punch.
- Stamp the taco, avocado and guacamole bowl in Tuxedo Black ink on the Basic White and colour with Stampin’ Blends. Fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Stamp a few chips on the lower right corner of the note card in Memento Black. Colour with Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake blends.
- Stamp the images in Memento Black ink on the Basic White.
- Colour the images with the Stampin’ Blends and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Stamp the lime rind in Old Olive and the lime flesh in Granny Apple Green. Emboss and cut out using the Hybrid Embossing Folder and dies.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on the Basic Black strip, apply White emboss powder and heat set.
- Glue the images on to the card as shown in the picture popping some up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’ve got some 4-H gals coming over tonight for a card-making class. I’ve prepared a super cute project for them – five note cards & envelopes and a paper purse box to store them in! I’ve used the “Cheerful Daisies” bundle and coordinating Designer Series Paper and I just loved how everything turned out! I’ll be sure to share photos with you, along with the easy tutorial.
My new video for this month’s “Customer Appreciation Card Class” is also in the works! I’ve split the cards up into two videos, with two card demonstrations in each. I hope to have them uploaded and ready for you tomorrow!
Don’t forget about the awesome promotions with Stampin’ Up! this month! SAVE on Designer Series Papers AND get more for FREE with our awesome starter kit! Feel free to message me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help to place your order and/or if you’d like to take advantage of our starter kit deal!
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!